Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,731 Posts
You can install the parts yourself or have a local shop do it if you don’t want to spend all that money on shipping the vehicle.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Im still waiting for my quote from Livernois.
Just came back from a private event with the Demon, and after getting
in the trackhawk, it just feels to slow now ! I need more HP!!

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
I did the s975 package plus CAT delete and CAI back in December.....yes put the new plugs in...….gas mileage is the same as stock and have put about 4K miles since...….0-60 in the 2.7 sec range with stock street tires, tried 1/8 mile a couple time and got consistent 7.0 @ 100 with high 1.6 60' but was getting wheel hop and didn't want to break anything so I didn't push it off the line. No heating issues, no other issues either....runs fine.....a barrel of monkeys to drive!

·
Super Moderator
1,012 Posts
Thanks for all the replies. It sounds like a great package. I will look you up emericr when I get to Tampa next year. It has been a long time since I have been to the Bradenton track running my old GNX. That ran 10's too. I just need to figure out the best way to get my vehicle to Livernois as I live in Portland OR now!
**** that a long shipment. you can have any local shop install the parts. Installing the parts is the easy part. tuning is the hard part. you mail the computer to them they tune and send back no need sending the whole TH. if your rich and just dont care then by all means do as you please. If you do send to them you might as well go all out and let them custom tune it while its there. these are just my opinions though.

did you sell the GNX I always liked them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Yes, I sold the GNX back in 2000 but made some nice coin on the sale. I drove it every day for 4 years and it was a a great car. Regarding the Trackhawk I just don't want some local shop to learn on my vehicle as their first time so I am either going to drive to Dearborn Heights but will most likely ship it.

·
Super Moderator
1,731 Posts
It’s nothing special, just a couple of pullies n fuel injectors n such. I did mine in the garage over the course of a few days.

·
Super Moderator
1,012 Posts
Yes, I sold the GNX back in 2000 but made some nice coin on the sale. I drove it every day for 4 years and it was a a great car. Regarding the Trackhawk I just don't want some local shop to learn on my vehicle as their first time so I am either going to drive to Dearborn Heights but will most likely ship it.
Any real shop has done the same thing 5000 times changing a pulley on a TH or a Z06 no difference same thing. other then that any jiffy lube place can do the rest. (lol ok that was a stretch)
do as you want but your way way over thinking this. The tune part yes that is something that better be right and that takes a special shop. I have the Livernois tune but if I did it over I would go with someone else (customer service sucks) either way good luck.

my shop is a lot closer to you Nor Cal (Sacramento area) and 3-4 in the LA area I know of. Going across the world for simple install isnt needed, IMO of coarse

·
Super Moderator
1,012 Posts
Good points, I will look into closer options and maybe visit a few places.
good luck and I hope it didnt come off like I was shoving my opinions down your throat. thats def not what I was trying to do. I just dont want to see you spend all that shipping cost and down time for a easy install. But then again its your TH and your piece of mind what ever makes you feel good is what you should do.

·
Super Moderator
1,731 Posts
I’d avoid Livernois based on my experience with them. They just don’t seem to understand how to run a business.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts