Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Do you have any idea why the MPH is higher for the 1/8th mile than the 1/4 mile?
A number of them are doing that... 1/8 mile trap speed is wrong. I'm guessing the 1/4 mile trap is lower because the OP let off the gas before actually finishing a full 1/4 mile run. Usually the 1/4 mile trap is right on the money.

Reactions: beerman

·
Registered
412 Posts
Gotcha, but his 1/4 et was in the ball park.
Given his 0-60, 0-100 and 1/8 mile ET, I think it is a tick or two slow. It literally takes nothing but a lift .2-.3 before the end of the "track" to kill trap speed. Almost everyone I've seen that runs 11.6-11.7 is in the 115mph range (whether using track timer or on-board timer)... thus my inference that OP may have let off. Only he knows. But it will run faster than 107mph in the 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I took it out to the ‘strip for the first time last night and was consistently pulling 11.65 - 11.75 at around 116 mph. 3.4 0-60 every single time launch or no launch. Best time was just punching it. Got home and moved up the launch RPM from 1800 to 2000 and hit 3.3. Couldn’t hold the launch at 2300.

Anyone go any higher RPM successfully?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’ve dropped launch rpm to 1200, and the wheels still skip twice and give a ridiculous 3.3 sec 0-60 consistently. In my TH, high rpm leads to a slower 0-60 and more burnt rubber. Handling, breaking and sounds / comfort world class

Digress - My son and I went to an exotic auto show in Jersey City on grass, and nearly all high end race cars are so low they could have trimmed the lawn. The 3 Bugatti’s were from one owner, and it was fun for my son and me. My kid knows more about Italian cars than I, and I have zero desire to ever get a “Lambo”. A lot of Aventadors, all yellow like wasps. Lol. Cheers.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A number of them are doing that... 1/8 mile trap speed is wrong. I'm guessing the 1/4 mile trap is lower because the OP let off the gas before actually finishing a full 1/4 mile run. Usually the 1/4 mile trap is right on the money.
You're spot on - Top speed = 133 to date, and I let off the gas before the 1/4 mile was complete...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts