Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The seat belt chime was driving me nuts...

Here's how to turn it off (from another forum):

1.Get in vehicle and put seat belt on.
2. Turn vehicle on. (Does not need to be started. Just press the start button twice without pressing the brake.)
3. Once the Jeep is on, the diagnostic screen will briefly show the seat belt warning indicator. As soon as the indicator goes away, quickly disconnect then reconnect the seat belt at least three times.
4. Turn off Jeep.

You will still get the warnings on your dash but this will disable the annoying chime. To re-enable just repeat the process.

Please no 'holier-than-thou' responses about just wearing my seatbelt. #1 I hate seatbelts. #2 That will slow down access to my piece, son.

·
Registered
334 Posts
The seat belt chime was driving me nuts

Please no 'holier-than-thou' responses about just wearing my seatbelt. #1 I hate seatbelts. #2 That will slow down access to my piece, son.
I have specific rigs for in the car and out to keep my “peace” of mind by wearing seatbelts.
Depends on the peace for out, Minotaur MTAC or crossbreed supertuck IWBs.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I like to disable my seatbelt chime by, wait for it, putting on my seatbelt. But thanks for sharing knowledge. We tend to get more questions than answers here.

700 hp and no seatbelt is a deathwish IMO. You never know when $hit is gonna get real. People have had uncommanded WOT or stuck accelerator. Had to provide the holier than thou response. Someone had to...

·
Registered
695 Posts
This is the dumbest thing I’ve heard of. Why don’t you remove the cancer warnings on your cigarette cartons as well, then they won’t cause you cancer either. Right? Anyone this stupid probably smokes cancer sticks as well.

Buckle up, not just because it’s the law, but because it’s the smart and safe thing to do. Unless you have a death wish that is. All of the technology built into saving us in an accident requires that you be belted in. That air bag destroying your face because you preferred not to wear your seat belt will either kill you or leave you mamed for life in a bad accident.

If you don’t buckle up, Darwin’s theory of evolution - natural selection will eventually catch up to you. Good luck. Cause you’ll need it.

·
Super Moderator
1,782 Posts
Gang, this forum is to discuss the vehicle, no need to chime in with opinions. I don’t see how this post is different from any other modification. If it’s not for you, then don’t do it. This sounds perfect for me when I check the mail. I don’t always put my belt back on for the half mile, 20mph trip.

·
Registered
267 Posts
much easier to get a male buckle piece for like 20 bucks or whatever and keep it plugged in the female (sans belt of course). I like the way my face looks and enjoy moving though so I keep me seatbelt on. and the piece goes in the center console, the holder stays on me(super tuck iwb 4 o clock)

on a side note its hilarious that dude the other day starts a ridiculous thread on hypothetically getting rear ended and then a couple days later this thread starts. this forum is weird. lol.

Reactions: Boosted Hawk

·
Registered
695 Posts
much easier to get a male buckle piece for like 20 bucks or whatever and keep it plugged in the female (sans belt of course). I like the way my face looks and enjoy moving though so I keep me seatbelt on. and the piece goes in the center console, the holder stays on me(super tuck iwb 4 o clock)

on a side note its hilarious that dude the other day starts a ridiculous thread on hypothetically getting rear ended and then a couple days later this thread starts. this forum is weird. lol.
Yes, those male adapters are the way to go for those that want to live dangerously. It would be even more bizarre if this thread was started by the accident phobia dude. Maybe this guy can help that guy overcome his fears of an accident, as this guy clearly has none. I’m guessing he is young and still feels invincible. I did at one point too, but I still always buckled up.

·
Registered
267 Posts
@JMS935 totally agree with you, and I feel if you can't wear a seatbelt and carry comfortably get a better holster, lose weight, or put your piece in the center console or door compartment. your much more likely to need a seatbelt than a pistol while driving a performance car. statistically its not even close. no one likes to wear seatbelt, or brush their teeth, etc... lol im not being "holier than thou" OP just trying to give some food for thought. IM all about quick pistol access, and supporting everyone doing whatever they want. except Chinese tires because--dangerous and treason. lol

Reactions: Bar and Docholliday

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Please no 'holier-than-thou' responses about just wearing my seatbelt.
Sigh. People posted those responses anyway...

If you like your seat belt, wear it. This post was for people that choose not to wear it or can't wear it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can’t wear it. That’s funny. How do they fit behind the wheel if they can’t even buckle up?
Typically, people that can't wear seat belts suffer from some type of medical condition.

Some of these medical conditions include:

- Deformed thorax or abdominal cavity
- Catheter or similar drain
- Skin lesions
- Injuries such as fractures
- Recent surgery to affected location
- Goiter or neck tumor

People with these issues (and other similar issues... and sometimes clinical claustrophobia) can get a medical exemption for seat belt use from a doctor. And now, with the help of this post, they can turn off the seat belt chime in their Jeep vehicle.

·
Registered
157 Posts
OP: thanks for posting. Disregard the others giving you the righteous act. It's a free country, you do what you want and they have freedom of expression even though you kindly ask to not share but they can't help it lol.
Knowledge is power. I will disable the chime, not because I do not wear my seatbelts but because I do not need to be reminded to wear it and there are occasions where seatbelt is not necessary.

·
Registered
248 Posts
With all this horsepower, how many will be upgrading to 5 point racing harnesses? This would make you much safer than your factory seat belts.

Oh no, then you would likely have to disable the annoying seat belt chime...

·
Registered
535 Posts
The seat belt chime was driving me nuts...

Here's how to turn it off (from another forum):

1.Get in vehicle and put seat belt on.

2. Turn vehicle on. (Does not need to be started. Just press the start button twice without pressing the brake.)

3. Once the Jeep is on, the diagnostic screen will briefly show the seat belt warning indicator. As soon as the indicator goes away, quickly disconnect then reconnect the seat belt at least three times.

4. Turn off Jeep.

You will still get the warnings on your dash but this will disable the annoying chime. To re-enable just repeat the process.

I tired this several times. Didn’t work for me.

I’ll give it another shot later, not sure if I screwed it up or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
139 Posts
OP - thanks for posting....and I feel for you ……. I hate government regulations telling me how to live even though I wear a seat belt.....except when in my electric smart car going to get the mail or putting out the garbage (1/4 mile away up and down steep hills from the house), I posted how to just put a magnet on the buckle to make that system think it is connected and the same thing happened to me but worse......

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks for the tip on how to disable the chime. I always wear my seatbelt on the road, but hate the chiming when I'm moving vehicles around in my driveway or hooking up my trailer and that **** thing is chiming the whole time I'm going 5 mph.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Has anyone gotten this to work?

Tried more than a few times. Does not work with my 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It worked perfectly on my 2018 TH.

I got in and put seat belt on. Hit Start twice. The screen will briefly show the seat belt warning indicator. I unlatched and relatched the seat belt quickly a few times (probably 4-5). Then hit the start button to turn car off.

Following that, it now says DRIVERS SEATBELT UNBUCKLED in the display, but does not have the annoying chime.

It may take a few tries to get it to work. Also, you can't have anyone in the passenger seat when you do this process.

Some additional hints from another forum.

1. Unbuckle and buckle the seatbelt until you hear a single chime. Then you can turn off your Jeep and it will be disabled.

2. I heard the chime after unbuckle, buckle, unbuckle, buckle. Didn't need to do it any more.

Thread is here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/disable-seat-belt-chime.3521/

·
Registered
267 Posts
It works. very simple. listen for the chime, turn it off, then it's golden. thank you OP for the info.

I actually did it to my 17 Laramie not the jeep, as it sees a lot more "work" and thus the chime gets annoying when doing work, going in and out, etc. , the jeep is the "safe" daily lol.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts