Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else notice if their shift lever clicks while in park and pressing the brake? Its not a constant click just one click upon pressing the brake. I never noticed until today. Just got it back from the dealer and of course I'm suspicious they were beating the sh*t out of it.:| They did put 18 miles on it during it's stay. Thanks

·
Registered
267 Posts
VALET MODE is your friend! my friend! LOL

Reactions: SRT Bill

·
Registered
76 Posts
Anyone else notice if their shift lever clicks while in park and pressing the brake? Its not a constant click just one click upon pressing the brake. I never noticed until today. Just got it back from the dealer and of course I'm suspicious they were beating the sh*t out of it.:| They did put 18 miles on it during it's stay. Thanks
Likely that's the solenoid that locks out the shifter so you can't go from Park to anything unless your foot is on the brake.

What was it in for? 18 miles is a bit of distance for a "routine service"...

·
Registered
168 Posts
It is the Shift lock release. I’ve noticed it too. First car I’ve owned that I’ve actually heard it disengage.

·
Super Moderator
1,110 Posts
sorry no help on the click but 18 miles? I would be all over them for that. 18 miles is a long long way someone was playing around in your TH. Another Reason I hate the dealerships.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yes it's the shift lock release. Remember the WK2 had to redesign the shifter as there were some (fatal) incidents with the previous design coming out of park.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thank gawd they got rid of that "joystick" shifter from the SRT. The number of times I was trying to get quickly from Drive to Reverse and ended up with Park jigging around getting parked somewhere tight just about drove me insane! That was just about as bad as the single clutch SMG in the BMW M6 I had, where trying to back up on a grade was like a kid trying to learn to drive stick and start on a hill..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts