Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Trackhawk land we have to fight tooth and nail for few thousands off, one of my wife clients got a Range Rover Sport SVR Carbon Edition (white, red interior, only 23 miles on the odo) more or less fully loaded (about 140K MSRP) for 100K even after....only 2 days negotiation!! A record!! And we are talking about one of the wealthiest ZIP code in Southern California no the middle of nowhere.

I did not know Range Rovers could be discounted that much given their brand status but I have a theory after seeing the kind of discount you could get on a Levante V8 Trofeo without breaking that much of a sweat.
I think that among the super high performance SUVs, the Trofeo and especially the RR SVR are a no show....both down in power and without the latest tech galore, the Trofeo at least is a great handler but the RR is definitely not....the kind of audience that want the most power for $$$ will get a TH, people that look for ultimate tech, top performance, refinement, handling and badge status will lean towards the German bruisers or the Lamborgini Urus....the SVR, I suspect, is in a no man land.

I think Range Rover does well in less performance oriented models, one of my friend, owner of a RR Sport 3.0 V6, fought hard to get only 6K off MSRP

What do you think??

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hate to pay the service charges for maintaining this vehicle. All I ever read is how expensive it is to own a Range Rover.

Reactions: Wikdfas

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2 days of negotiations, Lmao WTF are you serious. Ive bought houses faster then that. but looks like it worked for her. thats a huge chunk off.
In my experience, if you are willing to get whatever they offer you in the same day, you ain't getting a good deal....2 days is nothing in my book...it's not like you spend 2 days doing back and forth...simply you mention what you are willing to spend and...call me later if you are ok with it...

·
Registered
50 Posts
My wife had an Evoque a few years back. The Stealershp scheduled maintenance charges (glorified oil changes) were more than what I paid for similar service of my V12 twin turbo AMG Mercedes.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I’d guess it was a leftover 2019 or early 2020?

And yes, TH values seem to be climbing right now. A lot of guys are struggling to get the same type of discounts many of us first 2018 owners got back in late 2017. Inventory just is not there.

In the market for a new SUV myself, and while I love the look of the RR’s, performance wise it is a step down from the TH.

X5M is the most lateral move right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Niche car during the best of times... discount indicates demand, or lack thereof, in this case. Not unheard of for a 6 figure JLR product to be discounted by 25-30%. $40k off is next level, though. But still would depreciate below what you’d pay for it the second you’d drive it off the lot. Lol

·
Registered
554 Posts
What are your thoughts on the Audi S or RS Q8? Pricing for the SQ8 are close to the TH. I doubt the RS will be in the same ball park though. Sadly.
Great timing.

I just spoke with the local dealer about the RS6... $20k over msrp and the order to spec spot is mine. I passed... lol

RSQ8 won’t be as bad, but I expect it to be at least $120-130k.

Both of those would be lateral performance wise as well. The RS6 likely a nice step up.

The SQ8 I believe is only 500 hp or so. Just not enough power for me now. TH has spoiled me

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great timing.

I just spoke with the local dealer about the RS6... $20k over msrp and the order to spec spot is mine. I passed... lol

RSQ8 won’t be as bad, but I expect it to be at least $120-130k.

Both of those would be lateral performance wise as well. The RS6 likely a nice step up.

The SQ8 I believe is only 500 hp or so. Just not enough power for me now. TH has spoiled me

So why are you looking to get out of your TH?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Update:

RsQ8’s hitting dealers now and I’m only finding msrp deals.

No one has inventory. Not a great time to be buying car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts