Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This Forum has been extremely helpful with a lot of stuff and I wanted to say thank you.

Went in for my oil change / tire rotation Saturday 4100 miles, since I have an 18 I felt its best to do it early since the car had sat on the lot for over a year before I bought it. Oil was changed and the tech came out and I asked if he drained the oil cooler? He said no, that's only for the Demon. My response was its a requirement on all oil changes I said all the people on my forum have said it. Car goes back in and work is completed, he comes out and said " I looked it up and your right".

Again thank you all, I enjoy the reads here and appreciated the people who sacrifice their cars to do things and report back with the findings. It gives me the confidence knowing it can be done if its something I'm looking to do.

OH... I also learned I have the Wave Program, getting 4 free oil changes and 4 free rotations is huge! No clue what else it offers but that's a good perk right there.

·
Banned
362 Posts
I've always changed the oil and filters in my vehicles myself. One thing I've always heard is that you should check to be sure the rubber gasket from your old filter isn't stuck to the oil filter engine mount when you remove the old filter. If that happens and you install the new oil filter on top if it, you are most likely going to have a leak. (Duh!)

In all the years of changing my own oil, it's only happened a couple of times. Well today it happened on the TH. The old rubber gasket was stuck to the housing and almost "looked" like it belonged there. Just a reminder for those who prefer to do you own maintenance. Don't forget to check it.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts