Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a 2018 Trackhawk and found one close by but it doesn't have the Signature Leather Wrapped Interior Package. Is this a big deal? It is a huge comfort increase or just looks nicer? Seats still have cooling and heating either way, correct?

Also this one doesn't have the moonroof. Anyone not have this and wish they did? Anything really exceptional about the Trackhawk moonroof? I always opt for it in cars but find I leave it not only closed, but covered with the shade almost all of the time due to the sun rays making it hot when they shade is open.

Would not having either hurt resale value later in a few years by much?

Thanks.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I agree with GOTSRT on this one I think they show way less wear over time, they dont wrinkle nearly as bad. the seat side bolsters on the part you sit on take a beating from getting in and out and I noticed the people who have the upgraded leather they are noticably creased and worn looking. Ive had the standard suede and leather in my 15 srt and now my trackhawk and have show little wear.

I have also noticed in the premium leather the actual seat part your A$$ sits on wrinkles and creases big time.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I have the leather, it’s 50/50. While a nicer look on the dash,doors, and seats, it shouldn’t be a deal breaker assuming you are not ordering the car.

I also don’t have a glass roof. I never used it in my previous car and it creaked/groaned over the slightest bump when it was cold. I specifically ordered my truck without one

I don’t miss it at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
leather makes the TH look 100% better and I would think most want leather and its far from over priced. goto a interior shop and ask how much to redo the TH in leather lol over 10K easy.
Get what you want if the regular seat dont bother you get it. The leather is what sold me. it white TH and it looked cool but when I popped open the door and the red leather came glowing out it was sold right then.

·
Super Moderator
225 Posts
Agree with the last two, the Leather interior package is definitely worth it, I wouldn't let that stop me from getting one used if the price was right but that is the one and only regret I have of my TH purchase is that I did not get the upgraded leather.

I do wish the upgraded leather still offered the suede seat inserts, that's actually why I went with the base package as I wanted the suede, but what I should have done as got the upgraded leather and just found someone to swap seats with me! All the other panels being leather covered are SO much nicer than all the plastic!

·
Registered
103 Posts
leather makes the TH look 100% better and I would think most want leather and its far from over priced. goto a interior shop and ask how much to redo the TH in leather lol over 10K easy.
Get what you want if the regular seat dont bother you get it. The leather is what sold me. it white TH and it looked cool but when I popped open the door and the red leather came glowing out it was sold right then.
+1

Last weekend I spent some time test driving Audi models (SQ5 and RS5) and I can tell you that the TH with the upgraded leather package it looks way more upscale, actually in another league...then we can argue all we want about the thickness and quality of the leather, if your particular Jeep has assembly quality issues and so on (no complains so far in my 50K miles 2015 GC SRT) but on first look alone, the TH did look quite more upscale....the only car in that Audi showroom that gave me the initial feel of the same or better interior than a leather package Trackhawk was a 130K+ Audi S8.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts