Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys:

Can you extend the range which the Navigation shows green/red traffic? Mine only shows traffic up to the 1 or 2 mile map view, which is basically useless in a big metro area. I want to see the green/red traffic in the 4 mile map range.

Anyone else having this issue?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It constantly zooms back in. Just use Waze instead, it tells you where the cops are too.
No, I turned the Auto-Zoom off.

At any map scale over 1 mile, the traffic colors don't show up. Most navigation systems will show traffic out to at least the 10 mile scale...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nav is not very useful

Hello,
Good luck using the built in Nav. We only use it to see how bad the directions will be. It always send me on back roads instead of highways and I can find no setting for that. The last laugh we had was coming back from West Miami to Ft. Lauderdale. I know the best path for that since I live in South FL. At every exit on the Palmetto Highway, it said get off and go to 441. It gave a time of 1 hr 45 min. We got home in about 20 min. I complained to the local dealer and they did an update once, looks like you get one for free, it changed nothing. I complained again and the said call in, no more free updates. What I was told on the call is they know the Nav is really bad in all their products and everyone will get a free update in maybe a year. Go with waz or maps on your cell phone, compare to nav and see. You might get a good laugh.
Doug

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK. So here is the Navigation system showing SiriusXM Traffic levels at the 1-mile map scale, where it is working fine:
https://smg.photobucket.com/user/SS...e Traffic Levels Showing_zpsrci6sih4.jpg.html

However, here it is zoomed out to the 2-mile map scale where it DOES NOT show the traffic levels...
https://smg.photobucket.com/user/SS...affic levels not showing_zps0x31tfxg.jpg.html

In a Metro area, you really need to be able to see traffic levels at the 5-mile scale in order to pick a route to your destination. Knowing traffic levels at the 1-mile scale is useless...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts