Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many has let there subscriptions end and still have there performance pages. or renewed it. I think it cost way to much for that service. We all should get a letter to them and try to get it reduce. LOL

·
Banned
362 Posts
I don't know why the performance pages would be linked to a XM subscription. :confused: I hope not. In any case, XM radio subscriptions rates are VERY negotiable. Call them and tell them you'd like to subscribe but you feel "their" rates are out of line. You may be surprised at the offers! And don't take their first offer since they tend to get better.

·
Registered
92 Posts
There’s the SiriusXM radio subscription and the SiriusXM Guardian subscription. They are separate. Ones for the radio and one is for the App that allows for remote start, etc. Neither control the Perf Pages. We get a five year subscription included with the car for the Sirius TravelLink (basically, traffic, sports scores, gas prices, etc.).

I let the Guardian subscription go. It wasn’t worth it. For the radio, you can get it for $4.99 a month by calling. That’s the cheapest I’ve gotten it for any car.

·
Super Moderator
2,296 Posts
Pretty sure that performance page data (your bests) can be saved via Uconnect. I don’t think there is any other connection between the two.

·
Registered
582 Posts
My year just passed and I’m not renewing the app. Not worth the $149/year they want.

Is the XM radio also a year, they have been calling so I assume so?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
My year just passed and I’m not renewing the app. Not worth the $149/year they want.

Is the XM radio also a year, they have been calling so I assume so?

No. You can go with the 5 month, $4.99 a month option. It just auto renews after 5 months. I put a reminder in to cancel after 5 months, and they give me the $4.99 deal again.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The terms of renewal are absurd. “It will then renew automatically at the then market rate”.
This is crazy. They you to agree to take any amount they want out of your wallet.
I would Never ask any customer to agree to this to use a service.
I’m thinking of Trying the 6 month service at $5/month then IMMEDIATELY canceling.
Please write complaint letters for these terms to customer service.
I would rather have a 3 year agreement at a higher price without those ridiculous terms!!

·
Registered
379 Posts
The terms of renewal are absurd. “It will then renew automatically at the then market rate”.
This is crazy. They you to agree to take any amount they want out of your wallet.
Unfortunately, this is almost becoming the norm. If you don't review the "fine" print, the automatic renewal will bite you in the a$$. I have found that several of our magazine subscriptions have that "option" but there is usually an option page that allows to opt out.
When I make online purchases I use a Citi Bank credit card, that has a virtual account number option to create an alias number, with dollar and time limits associated to your real card number.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I tried to do a one time charge of $30 and they wouldn’t do it. They want that subscription agreement because they plan on you forgetting about it.

I agree, whole process is a joke. We’ll see if they reassess their position in the coming weeks but I’m not agreeing to terms like that either.

·
Banned
362 Posts
I have had XM on my cars for years and I have NEVER paid by credit card. When the service is about to expire, I just call and negotiate a new deal which is a 2 or 3 minute phone call. I always have them send me an invoice/bill by USMail ($2 charge).

Recently they have started sending me emails when the services is about to expire so "remembering" is not a problem either. I just renewed mine on the TH about a week ago. $37 for 6 mos.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sirius XM you can get a discount but with Guardian there is no discount that is 24 bucks a month and some change. Also you can get a invoice if you do call in and ask for it that way. I have never give them a credit card # Way to much money for that service.

·
Banned
391 Posts
I would gladly pay for not having Guardian keep track of my every move for the next 350 days.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts