Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought full set of DBA rotors from Solis. Had a chance to put them on, however slight issue with replacing the front rings. I'll post full break down and pictures on how they look and how much they weigh compare to the stock a bit later.

The issue is that the NEW nuts included with DBA rings, are not the proper size, they are a bit longer, thus will not lock with oem bolts. DBA instructions say "...minimum of 2 Threads should be exposed"

Has anyone done this before or noticed this?

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Bumper

Liquid Fluid Material property Gas Musical instrument

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Bumper Automotive design

Automotive tire Wheel Rim Disc brake Font

·
Registered
170 Posts
Well, this is interesting. I have these to order as well. I wonder if anyone else has noticed this?
I gather the nut has some type of thread sealant in it?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, this is interesting. I have these to order as well. I wonder if anyone else has noticed this?
I gather the nut has some type of thread sealant in it?
It doesn't have any sealant, however you can and should use thread locker. If you look closely the top of the new nut is what should 'bite' into the bolt, but since it doesn't have any threads, it can't bite into the bolt, so that's bad.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only conclusion I came down to is that DBA team never tested these on THs and\or these rotor rings are being used in different cars. It's just so happen they are the same size that TH has. However, these are Brembo brakes so the hardware used are the same on all where these brakes are used. I don't know, I'm just curious if anyone has seen this before and I don't want anyone else have this issue.

Not really an issue, but it's something worth noting.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I'd reuse the factory nuts with thread locker.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Is that washer captive with the nut? They don't specify how to tell when the washer is required, and can't tell if that would even give you the 2 threads needed for it to lock.

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
328 Posts
Glad you posted this, just purchased set of rotor ring, but not going to install for a while. Bought mine on EBay $899.95 plus tax, shipping $1014.10 part# DBA 53918.1S

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is that washer captive with the nut? They don't specify how to tell when the washer is required, and can't tell if that would even give you the 2 threads needed for it to lock.
Yes, it's captive with nut. It doesn't give you 2 threads, what you see in the picture is torqued to specifications and no threads are visible, the nut is just longer. I'm sure these are for diff car, thats what I've concluded.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Glad you posted this, just purchased set of rotor ring, but not going to install for a while. Bought mine on EBay $899.95 plus tax, shipping $1014.10 part# DBA 53918.1S
If you install it yourself, let me know if you get the same. If shop installs it for you, make sure you let them know, most likely they will need to reuse the old ones.

·
Registered
328 Posts
If you install it yourself, let me know if you get the same. If shop installs it for you, make sure you let them know, most likely they will need to reuse the old ones.
I will but, but not sure when I will install.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Can you email DBA with your pictures from above and see what there response would be. The hats are totally different configuration in there picture.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I wonder if there is any difference between the factory hats and the DBA hats
DBA hats don't look like they have any spring clips from picture above, like the trackhawk hats. Just mentioned that a washer may be needed??

·
Registered
328 Posts
I don't think DBA has hats, Do they? I only bought the rings. Btw oem hats are Aluminum, they are light, so no need to any other hats.
Yea just advertised as for Trackhawk OEM hats, and rear rotors are 1 piece

1 - 20 of 38 Posts