Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a sloppy (rpm's raise slightly during the shift - probably 100 or 200 rpm's and then it shifts) during light acceleration (1500 rpm's or so) on the 5 to 6 shift only. It happens 90% of the time. Mentioned it to the dealer along with other quirks which of course they said the car is working 'as designed'. I believe this has been happening since new but not 100%. TH has 3k miles or so.

All other shifts are clean.

Curious if this is happening to other guys.

The loaner they gave me does not exhibit this behavior although I know its a slightly different 8 speed transmission than the TH.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dealer said there is nothing wrong with transmission. No codes. Working as designed.

Guess if it still moves forward then it must be working, right? :mad: Typical dealer response.

May try another dealer but I'm confident they will say same thing as they can probably see notes from other dealer on the service history log.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have a similar problem. Upon light acceleration the transmission feels like it is slipping before engaging. My 2015 HC has never done this, so I am wondering if there is something wrong...
Is this when in Eco Mode from a stop? Eco Mode puts it in second gear to start. I always felt that it was slipping too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine never drives in ECO mode and slips occasionally during light throttle. However,saying the transmission is slipping is probably not the right definition. It seems like when the transmission is down shifting there is a lag selecting the next gear. During any other kind of driving the transmission shifts perfectly. I really doubt this is a mechanical issue, but probably a programming concern that would almost be impossible to replicate by a dealer.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I’ve noticed an odd slip sensation when rolling a stop sign. I just attribute it to the engine is at idle, the trans is in first and the RPM need to catch up to the roll. When it does, 1st is such a fast Gear it gives a slip sensation. It’s just different but I don’t feel like anything is wrong (yet)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MY TH has zero slip. I dont believe your TH is working "as designed". Trans should not slip when shifting. Take it to another dealer or contact Chrysler to complain.
Brought to a different dealer with same results. Kind of upset as I am sure each tech had fun taking it for a ride. Left valet mode off so that couldn't be used an an excuse of it not working properly. Last dealer put 8 miles on it. Ouch.

They seem to follow the rules if its not broken or throwing codes there is nothing wrong. Aggravating for this price of a vehicle.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Brought to a different dealer with same results. Kind of upset as I am sure each tech had fun taking it for a ride. Left valet mode off so that couldn't be used an an excuse of it not working properly. Last dealer put 8 miles on it. Ouch.

They seem to follow the rules if its not broken or throwing codes there is nothing wrong. Aggravating for this price of a vehicle.
Quick question: Was the tech a level 3 tech?
Level 3 techs are the guys who are specifically assigned to work on the Vipers, SRT’s, Hellcats and now the Trackhawks. They are also known as Viper techs.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quick question: Was the tech a level 3 tech?
Level 3 techs are the guys who are specifically assigned to work on the Vipers, SRT’s, Hellcats and now the Trackhawks. They are also known as Viper techs.
How could I find this out, and if determined he/she was not how do I request or require a level 3 tech to be the one assigned to the service ticket?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts