Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my Trackhawk straight to a paint treatment company to do the vehicle preparation instead of having the dealership do it. Since getting it back from the paint treatment place I've noticed small kinks in the hood at the windshield edge...located roughly where the driver and passenger look out the windshield. At this point I really have no way of knowing if those kinks were there upon delivery, or if they happened at the paint treatment place. Either way I think I'm screwed. I really don't know how I didn't notice this when I picked it up from the paint treatment.

Anyway, do any of you guys have an educated guess as to how the kinks were made in the hood? I think it's either that they removed the hood when they did the XPEL or the ceramic coating and that process somehow put stresses on the hood, or the kinks were there already upon delivery...in the delivery scenario maybe from a freight covering, or even somehow left the plant like that...I don't know.

I've attached photos that kinda show the kinks on the driver side...that side is worse than the passenger side, but if I run my fingers along the whole edge of the hood I can feel 4 distinct imperfections (2 on each side).

Attachments

·
Registered
695 Posts
That’s probably factory related. I don’t see how applying a coating can do that to a hood, they don’t remove it.

The QC on these vehicles sucks.

I’ve got a similar issue with my passenger window. I had the front windows tinted to match the rears soon after taking delivery, and when I got it back I inspected the tint closely only to find imperfections in both windows, so I took it back to have them redo them. Well apparently the imperfections were only in the tint on the driver’s side window, the passenger side mark was still there when they removed the tint. The glass has some dirt or debris inside of it. I showed the Jeep service manager and they told me to remove the tint before they’d even consider replacing the window. I haven’t bothered to deal with it, and I probably won’t.

My other complaint is my passenger seat squeaks like an old car when it’s empty (which is almost always) even over the slightest of bumps. It’s really annoying. The dealership basically ignored me on that one too.

Long story short...I think the strict quality control they touted for this vehicle was all smoke and mirrors. Maybe we should just be thankful a vehicle like this made it past the concept phase. They spent all of their energy bringing it to market, and not so much on making sure that the finished product was well put together.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Quicksilver, maybe a Paintless Dent Removal shop can remedy the situation with your hood. That's where I'd take it to try for a fix. Shouldn't be much $$. Not that you wanted to spend more $$ on your new hot-rod. :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
Damaged Wheel

Had an interesting situation that demonstrated the lack of support from FCA. Took delivery back in December 2017, after a five month wait. About a week ago, noticed that there was a gash on the outer rim of one of my wheels. Was not curb damage as there was zero damage to the tire, and I never, ever curb park my TH. Took my TH to the dealer where I have service done and the service manger agreed that this should be a warranty item. I take my TH to the local Jeep dealer here in New Hampshire, because the entire process of purchase and procurement from the selling dealer was totally unsatisfactory. I wouldn't let those bozos change my oil. The answer I got from Jeep was that they would not allow the local dealer to handle the warranty claim, for something that was obviously done when the factory installed the tires. They insist that the damage should have been noticed and handled at time of delivery, and I must go back to the selling dealer to get the situation corrected. What a crock. I thought we had FACTORY WARRANTY on our vehicles. What difference does it make who handles the claim. Just another example of FCA screwing us over with our $100,000.00 Jeeps. It is only a $100.00 repair that I can easily take care of, but it is the principle of the thing. If this is how other more serious problems will be handled it does not bode well for a longer relationship with FCA. There is no difference between a key fob problem and a damaged wheel. It is a factory problem that should be able to be handled at any authorized CDJR dealership.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update

After visiting my dealership and sending FCA many photos of the deficiencies, FCA has agreed to replace my hood. In addition, the dealership is chipping in some extra money (~$450 CDN) to make sure the new hood is taken to a reputable paint shop and painted with care.

The company that did my XPEL and ceramic coating has agreed to re-do the new hood for little to no cost (I'm still negotiating). This is because their workers had noticed the defects, but still applied the film and coating...the owner agrees that the film and coating should never have been applied given that fact.

Anyway, it seems like this issue has actually turned out okay. I guess FCA takes care of their customers in some instances. I hope all of you with THs get similar treatment from FCA if and when you encounter things that should be covered by warranty.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Sorry about your hood. That would definitely bother me and should be fixed. Here is my issue with mine. Need to get your opinions to see if you guys would let it go or fix it.

My drivers side fender if out of alignment where it meets the front bumper cover. Off by about 1/8th of an inch. Definitely noticeable when you look at it from the front. I took it to the dealer and they said their body shop would need it for about a week. They have to pop off the fender molding and more than likely have to repaint the molding piece.

Not sure if i’m Just going to live with it or have it aligned. Not too happy with the possibility of the molding possibly being repainted.

Not sure if the pic does it justice.

Attachments

·
Registered
695 Posts
I pointed out some minor body gap issues to my local dealer (not where I bought the car), and they said that’s what you get with American made cars. I’ve got other issues too. The quality isn’t the best, but maybe if it were better we’d have paid a whole lot more.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just an update to this situation. Took my issue about the damaged wheel to the folks at Jeep Customer Care on the Jeep Owners site. Explained my situation to the rep and he took it from there. He contacted the service manager at the local dealer, who confirmed his earlier diagnosis. Customer Care then stepped up and covered the cost of replacing the damaged wheel. The real difference here was the service manager at the local dealer. This dealer here in Hillsborough NH has taken excellent care of my vehicle since day one, even though I did not purchase my Trackhawk from them. They truly care about customers and their vehicles. Kind of refreshing in the car business, which seems to have made little progress in honesty and integrity There are plenty of Jeep dealers out there, I guess you just have to take some time and find one that believes in customer service. Jeep Customer Care folks have also been outstanding with this and other issues. Just another venue to pursue if you run into stubborn or ill informed service reps.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sorry about your hood. That would definitely bother me and should be fixed. Here is my issue with mine. Need to get your opinions to see if you guys would let it go or fix it.

My drivers side fender if out of alignment where it meets the front bumper cover. Off by about 1/8th of an inch. Definitely noticeable when you look at it from the front. I took it to the dealer and they said their body shop would need it for about a week. They have to pop off the fender molding and more than likely have to repaint the molding piece.

Not sure if i’m Just going to live with it or have it aligned. Not too happy with the possibility of the molding possibly being repainted.

Not sure if the pic does it justice.
Mine looks just like this. In fact, my SRT had this issue as well. I had them remove the bumper on the SRT at the body shop and they showed me how the bumpers clip to the body. There's not a whole lot of adjustment that can be done. Sucks but it is what it is

1 - 9 of 9 Posts