Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So i just picked up a new 2018 TH last Saturday. It currently has about 1200 miles on it now and when I first start it after sitting a while, it blew a huge puff of blue smoke (oil burn) out the tailpipes. This is the first time i have seen it do that but it doesnt mean it hasn't happened before also.

Is this normal for being new or could there be an issue?

Thanks

·
Registered
309 Posts
Alot of time it smokes when you start the car for brief moment shut it off and than try it again, that's when it will smoke even more. This is cause for the piston rings to let the oil in, because they haven't properly warmed up, so the oil leaks thru the piston rings into the piston, thus burn the oil. When ever you start the car make sure it warms up for about 5-10min before you shut it off again. This usually happens when you're moving the car from garage to outside, to wash the car or similar. Also, another reason is if you put your can in a slop, where engine is higher and all the oil goes backwards into one spot, this causes the oil to splash more in the back of the engine and go into the piston on startup. Yes, there is an option where the valve stem seals are bad, but in most cases, either one happens more than bad valve stem seals.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.