Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Lol I hate to say it and sound kinda like a @$$ but this AWD beast is a track SUV. If snow chains are required to leave the garage, I’m taking the 4wd Cummins. also not risking the others that can’t drive in the snow hitting me in the TH I would rather beat on the truck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If the California highway patrol says you need chains then you need chains no exceptions. Plus I have the stock 3 season tires. I guess my real question is: Do regular tire chains fit on the TH or do I need cable chains, which I haven't found for in a size that fits the TH?

·
Registered
55 Posts
If the California highway patrol says you need chains then you need chains no exceptions. Plus I have the stock 3 season tires. I guess my real question is: Do regular tire chains fit on the TH or do I need cable chains, which I haven't found for in a size that fits the TH?
I have the 3 season tires on mine as well. They are not supposed to be driven in temps below 40 degrees ( prone to cracking in cold temps), and have a pretty poorly designed tread for snow, in any case. Quite frankly, if you really must drive in the white stuff, consider investing in another set of wheels and real proven winter tires ( possibly a take off OEM set), or at least quality winter rubber. I am not sure if a normal set of chains or cables would actually fit properly on the wide tires or potentially create havoc with the body panels or wheel flares. Most states in the Midwest do not allow them anymore due to excessive road wear. I personally have not seen a set for sale in over 40 years.

·
Registered
582 Posts

Pretty sure it’s snow chains or snow tread tires for awd/4wd passenger cars trucks.

As stated, running the 3 season tires in snow can damage them, so even with chains, swapping them out is your best bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
But to answer your question I used to live I Wyoming as a parts store manager back in college sold a ton of cable chains for light trucks and SUVs tirechainsonline carries the cable type ( better for low tire to wheel well clearance vehicles) to fit the 295/45/20s.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts