Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the most funny way - she is sick of the attention it gets! She tells me that almost every time she drives it, someone has to get up next to her or try or talk to her about it or something. Today she just texted me that not one, not two, but three different cars tried to get her to race or play and she was only gone 20 minutes and about 5 miles from home. I laugh, but she is actually getting annoyed, hahaha. So she is basically threatening to take my Audi as "her" car...LOL!

·
Registered
379 Posts
I am glad that I live in a little town in north Texas. I’ve had the TH for 3 months now, and none of what your wife is experiencing. I did have to laugh about the time my wife had to pick me up with the TH. Although she drives a Jeep SRT, all she could say was that the TH just didn’t want to be driven slow.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am glad that I live in a little town in north Texas. I’ve had the TH for 3 months now, and none of what your wife is experiencing. I did have to laugh about the time my wife had to pick me up with the TH. Although she drives a Jeep SRT, all she could say was that the TH just didn’t want to be driven slow.
Hahah, that's awesome. This is my wife's third SRT Jeep. We had a WK1, then a WK2 SRT, now the WK2 TrackHawk. She rarely got molested in her SRT's, but having the world's fastest production SUV apparently tipped the scales.

·
Registered
412 Posts
De-badging helps, but isn't for everyone... and those who know to look for the yellow calipers will still bug you.

Reactions: Terrible_One

·
Super Moderator
2,296 Posts
I live in Austin Texas and I’ve only had a few people know what it was. I debadged and am likely going to paint the calipers Rhino to match the Jeep. I can’t drive my car two miles without somebody wanting to race but can’t even find a mustang to race.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
De-badging helps, but isn't for everyone... and those who know to look for the yellow calipers will still bug you.
Yeah I actually considered this, but I like the updated badges I put on!

Use it to your advantage take the TH and give her the Audi done deal
Haha, yeah she is basically going to drive my Audi more often now, but the Audi gets much better gas mileage so I will still want to take it for longer business trips.

I live in Austin Texas and I’ve only had a few people know what it was. I debadged and am likely going to paint the calipers Rhino to match the Jeep. I can’t drive my car two miles without somebody wanting to race but can’t even find a mustang to race.
I love the yellow calipers and can't bring myself to change them - everyone and everything has red ones.

Reactions: TRKHWK1

·
Registered
36 Posts
I debadged mine but get people at traffic lights daily giving me smiles and thumb ups. I think my exhaust gives it away because my SRT looked identical minus calipers, quad exhaust, etc. and I never got this much attention. However nobody around me wants to play at the lights :-( still waiting......

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I debadged mine but get people at traffic lights daily giving me smiles and thumb ups. I think my exhaust gives it away because my SRT looked identical minus calipers, quad exhaust, etc. and I never got this much attention. However nobody around me wants to play at the lights :-( still waiting......
Yeah I don't think debadging will help that much. These things have grown quite popular. It reminds me of when the GTR (R35) was new and everyone was raving when they saw one on the road. Eventually our hype will die down. I only look and nod or smile when I see a GTR now, I don't gawk like I once did, haha.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah I don't think debadging will help that much. These things have grown quite popular. It reminds me of when the GTR (R35) was new and everyone was raving when they saw one on the road. Eventually our hype will die down. I only look and nod or smile when I see a GTR now, I don't gawk like I once did, haha.
Funny you mention the GT-R. You are very correct. From the time I bought mine until the day I sold it, never ending attention by folks on the road or in the parking lot. It would not have been so bad if women would have found it pretty or interesting, but alas, it was a total sausage magnet. Every boy and young man who ever played Gran Turismo on the playstation became giddy with excitement when they saw one.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I think chicks driving bad ass cars get taunted more. I admit that it gets my blood pumping a little faster.

I personally don’t get nearly the attention that is mentioned here, which is surprising considering I live in OKC. But I pretty much drive to work and home and go out once a weekend for errands. I think it will be different when it warms up and people with nice cars are out more.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You gotta post a pic of said wife, so we know if she's like a 4/5 or an 8/9 - I watch knecks break on the regular and the wife never notices it. She's that unicorn 8/9 that isn't that crazy. We've got anywhere from a Rubicon to Model X P100D, AMG GTR, she drives them all and folks always want to talk. She loves smacking fools on the street that think their s*** is fast.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hahah, yeah I suppose it doesn't help that my wife is a hotty. I would snap my neck to check her out if she was in a Prius. And I hate Prius with a passion.

·
Registered
65 Posts
If you want the ultimate ***** wagon buy a BAC MONO. In a very strange way it only attracts women. It seems to scare of men? If you are refueling on the highway you are easily surrounded by 20 women!

:)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If you want the ultimate ***** wagon buy a BAC MONO. In a very strange way it only attracts women. It seems to scare of men? If you are refueling on the highway you are easily surrounded by 20 women!

:)
Hahah, that thing is not even close to being street legal in America. But **** is it cool.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Even more streetlegal than europe
But it is not practical at all and the trackhawk feels more powerfull. The only thing it does better is attrackting women. ;)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've had my TH since December and have gotten 0 attention in it.

Which is what i prefer.

Just a little funny that your wife gets so much attention...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts