Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I won a silent auction for a Solo cat back system this weekend. It shipped today. From the videos on YouTube is sounds loud as all get out. Guess if I don't like it, it'll be for sale. Lol. Wondering if anyone is running one and what are your thoughts on it? Hopefully if I win my class this year at the MSHS series, I'll win an American Racing headers back exhaust system too. Pretty stoked about that. Any Solo owners out there?

·
Registered
695 Posts
So I won a silent auction for a Solo cat back system this weekend. It shipped today. From the videos on YouTube is sounds loud as all get out. Guess if I don't like it, it'll be for sale. Lol. Wondering if anyone is running one and what are your thoughts on it? Hopefully if I win my class this year at the MSHS series, I'll win an American Racing headers back exhaust system too. Pretty stoked about that. Any Solo owners out there?
Well if it’s as loud as you say it is, it probably shouldn’t have been called a silent auction. :wink2:

·
Registered
67 Posts
I owned the Solo and sold it. It was too loud for me as a daily driver. It sounded awesome when bliping the throttle and going all out, but just driving around I had some drone and at stop lights it was loud in the cabin. I ended up with the ARH cat-back exhaust.

·
Registered
82 Posts
You could also look into placing some baffles if you find it to be too loud with daily driving. The videos I've seen around it don't make it out to be too obnoxious but the sound quality isn't great lol.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have it on my personal Trackhawk and use it for daily driving. I also have a 1 year old that comes in the truck with me every day. The only time I get any cabin noise is going up a hill in 8th gear on the highway, and it is very little. This would be similar with any exhaust, including stock. The J pipes on the kit are adjustable, so once break-in is completed you can adjust them if you still have any drone. Break-in is about 700-1000 miles. Over that time, carbon begins to build up inside the pipes, making a more full note while lessening interior noise. Mine seemed to hit the sweet spot at around 750 miles. I am located in Long Island, NY. I will take anyone for a ride in it if you are local. We consider this kit to be moderately aggressive, but not invasive. It has plenty of volume on the outside, but is surprisingly quite calm on the inside.

Everyone's version of what "loud" is can be subjective, so we always suggest riding in a Solo equipped vehicle if you are undecided. The tone is deep, American muscle...with a full and rich note. It is not hollow or tinny sounding. Feel free to PM me with any questions or concerns.

Steve

Reactions: 8SecTurboJeep

·
Registered
66 Posts
Do you have any videos of it cold starting, also ones from the outside taking off and inside while driving?

·
Registered
36 Posts

Mine is a daily driver and I love listening to it every day. Quiet when you want it to be, loud when you step on it. Turns heads, lots of astonishing/confused looks when they expect a muscle car and see a family hauler, so many thumbs ups when I drive buy. I have no regrets

·
Registered
66 Posts
I owned the Solo and sold it. It was too loud for me as a daily driver. It sounded awesome when bliping the throttle and going all out, but just driving around I had some drone and at stop lights it was loud in the cabin. I ended up with the ARH cat-back exhaust.
Do you have any videos of the ARH catback exahust?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just had the catback system installed at solo performance in buffalo yesterday! It sounds incredible! Throaty and and great rumble. Even better sounds when you accelerate. I highly recommend this system. No welding needed either. It fits perfectly and definitely saves weight! The factory resonator and mufflers are heavy! The system is all stainless and has built in outlets to help eliminate drone!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I am really confused at the feedback lol. Some say it's as close as the OEM driving around and not on the throttle and others say it's too loud for them for daily driving.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am really confused at the feedback lol. Some say it's as close as the OEM driving around and not on the throttle and others say it's too loud for them for daily driving.
Cruising on the highway, it is very calm. I have it and talk to customers on my car phone every day with no issues. If you're getting on it, it's definitely got volume to it. It sounds badass, but if you want a super quiet exhaust, keep the OEM. If you want something performance oriented that sounds awesome when you get on it but is tame while cruising, then the Solo is a great option. We had a few customers independently dyno it and they saw between 11 and 13 hp and tq gains at the wheels, throughout the power band.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Don't miss out...this is our only sale of the year!! Kits are already shipping out. We are in the office all day today, through Cyber Monday, until midnight EST. You can reach us at 516-655-9002. You can also visit our website at www.solo-performance.com

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!

Steve

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts