Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone! I just put a deposit down on a new Trackhawk today. I am going to be trading in my 2016 Shelby GT350 and a 2016 Mustang GT Premium on the deal. I have previously owned 3x SRT8 Jeeps and a Hellcat Challenger, but the TH will be joining a 2017 ZL1, 2017 Z06/Z07, and 2018 Z06/Z07 (and a 2017 Ford Escape Turbo). I should be picking up the TH within the next two weeks. Really looking forward to having a high performance SUV again!

341 Posts
Welcome aboard looks like the TrackHawk will be surrounded in greatness with that collection of horsepower.

Let me tell you the TrackHawk is nothing short of greatness as it is awesome to drive there is nothing I do not like about these vehicles.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the TH! Looks like you're quite the fan of high performance vehicles and I'll be interested to hear how you think the TH stands up to your other cars. Have you taken either of the Z06' to the track? I know there's a big thing going on right now about them going into limp mode.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum! Can't wait for a picture of your stable once the TH is delivered.
How did you spec it?
Thanks! I'll get a picture with all of them together for sure.. :) Trackhawk is Redline Red, Panoramic Roof, Rear Blueray/DVD, Laguna Leather (Black), Satin Wheels, Upgraded Stereo, Towing package, 3 Season Tires. I am buying this off dealer inventory which is why it has the read DVD/Blueray, but other than that the car is specd how I would have done it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the TH! Looks like you're quite the fan of high performance vehicles and I'll be interested to hear how you think the TH stands up to your other cars. Have you taken either of the Z06' to the track? I know there's a big thing going on right now about them going into limp mode.
Yeah, it will be an interesting comparison for sure. I do go to track events, but I have always used cars supplied by the event organizers so mine dont get messed up.. :) I do know what you are talking about with regard to overheating at the track with the Z06. In all honestly, it seems like a lot of it is overblown and if you are truly affected by it, there are easy fixes to alleviate much if not all of it. One example is the tendency for air to get trapped in the intercooler loop which causes pump cavitation due to the air. The pump will then go through a 3 minute shutdown to get rid of the air at the pump. After the 3 min shutdown it will come back online. When the pump is offline, the car will close the throttle and go into reduced power mode. When the pump comes back, everything is fine again. GM has a special filling procedure that must be done in order for the air to not cause this problem which basically no one follows. But yeah, the Z06 stock can handle ~30mins of constant track use before you will run into over heat conditions (depending on outside ambient air temps) for the most part.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts