Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup guys.

Making the transition from my SRTs to a Trackhawk in the upcoming weeks. Question I have is.... Would you worry about a Hawk with 50k on it? Looks in good shape... Legit Jeep dealer selling it not a Auction car that has circled the USA.....

Any Input from you guys would be great!

Btw - I have had had 3 SRTs... 300 , WK1 and Currently a WK2.... Formular with the Hemi Platform.

Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Look for typical signs of lifter failure though much less of a concern than the SRT, also check brakes and rotors as they tend to be a bit pricy on this platform. Check for modifications/tunes and if there are find out who tuned it and what was done. That should give you a decent idea of what your getting into.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have my 22s from my jeep and lowering springs and some parts i will be swapping over. Brakes and Rotors are pretty new from what I saw. The Hawk is Stock.. Only thing that bothers me is the Red interior. But Everything else on it has exactly what i want. Just wanted ot see how these motors are with higher miles. I heard they are pretty bullet proof till about 800 ish hp.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Sup guys.

Making the transition from my SRTs to a Trackhawk in the upcoming weeks. Question I have is.... Would you worry about a Hawk with 50k on it? Looks in good shape... Legit Jeep dealer selling it not a Auction car that has circled the USA.....

Any Input from you guys would be great!

Btw - I have had had 3 SRTs... 300 , WK1 and Currently a WK2.... Formular with the Hemi Platform.

Thanks!
50000 miles is nothing, but use it as a bargaining tool anyway.

The mileage means some one enjoyed driving it, rather than looking at it.

Reactions: adamkc

·
Registered
191 Posts
Good luck. I just put mine up for sale & can say, I really don't care if anyone buys it or not. It's a daily driver for me and it has been great. I too moved from the SRT (2015) to the Hawk. It's hard to believe it gets better but it does. If that thing is still stock I have to believe it hasn't been abused too bad. I always look at the interior to give me the best understanding of how the previous owners are. If you see scratches all over the black accents you know, they didn't really give a s**t about the vehicle overall. That's just my opinion. You have any pics of it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good luck. I just put mine up for sale & can say, I really don't care if anyone buys it or not. It's a daily driver for me and it has been great. I too moved from the SRT (2015) to the Hawk. It's hard to believe it gets better but it does. If that thing is still stock I have to believe it hasn't been abused too bad. I always look at the interior to give me the best understanding of how the previous owners are. If you see scratches all over the black accents you know, they didn't really give a s**t about the vehicle overall. That's just my opinion. You have any pics of it?

going thursday to MD to purchase one i found with 36k on it. Have a good deal on it. Looks clean but i will know once I get there wheather or not I will be driving home in it. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:( well got to the dealership.... Car was in terrible condition.... Paint felt like sand paper... Front bumpers scuffed and jacked up same with rear.... I work at a dealer some cosmetics i can get past it and have it done at my spot... but when asked for my cost to get had to walk away.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Seems like honesty at a dealership is a unique item. Hope you find the right one.

Yes and no... I work in Auto sales for over 15 years.... The guy I dealt with was newer. gave me picture's etc but on a white vehicle and could not really be scene from the pictures he sent. It is what it is... I mean the vehicles were buying / have are expensive.... and IF I am going to be selling a 80,000 + Vehicle …. I would make sure that thing is standing strong no issues etc.... Just some people represent the business a little different I guess.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts