Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we have run flats, I’m thinking about pulling the spare and adding subwoofers in its place. Does anyone know of something prefabricated that I can put in the spare’s place or am I going to have to custom build something?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Since we have run flats, I’m thinking about pulling the spare and adding subwoofers in its place. Does anyone know of something prefabricated that I can put in the spare’s place or am I going to have to custom build something?
1st thing I did to mine! Dual 12" Kicker L7. we fabbed up a fiberglass/wood box that takes 1/2 of the total area where spare is removed amps and spare battery located in side panels

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds nice. Do you have any pics? What was the cost if you don’t mind me asking? You did 2 12”s plus the original sub? I was thinking keep the HK system and add one 12”

·
Registered
266 Posts
FYI, JL Audio makes a 10" sub enclosure that takes the place of the HK woofer. Looks clean, doesn't take up any additional room and sounds great, the perfect amount of "thump" without being heard a mile away (unless that's what you're after). I placed the amp behind the rear seats under the flap so it's both hidden and doesn't get in the way when the seats are folded down.

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
That sounds nice. Do you have any pics? What was the cost if you don’t mind me asking? You did 2 12”s plus the original sub? I was thinking keep the HK system and add one 12”
Still trying to find time to finish the trim out, but its hidden anyway and still have space to spare. original sub is long gone. absolutely no need with these 2 beasts!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Adam, I think I saw that on an earlier post.

I don’t think I need 2-12”. I was planning one leaving the factory 8” and adding one 12” with around a 500 watt amp. All of my previous cars had ridiculous sound systems so I want to keep this one fairly mellow. I just miss that deep bass when I wanna rock out.

Thanks for chiming in fellas.

·
Registered
10 Posts
For those of you that replaced the factory sub, did you have to unplug the mics on the active noise cancelling system?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Still trying to find time to finish the trim out, but its hidden anyway and still have space to spare. original sub is long gone. absolutely no need with these 2 beasts!
Man you know what would fit perfect in there as well....A nitrous bottle :grin2:

In my younger days I put two Solo Baric L7 15's in a ported box all built myself in my Dodge Magnum.....It was insanely loud haha

Looks clean....Good Job

·
Registered
130 Posts
definitely put dynamat on both sides in rear and lil bit in each door

·
Registered
268 Posts
Thanks Adam, I think I saw that on an earlier post.

I don’t think I need 2-12”. I was planning one leaving the factory 8” and adding one 12” with around a 500 watt amp. All of my previous cars had ridiculous sound systems so I want to keep this one fairly mellow. I just miss that deep bass when I wanna rock out.

Thanks for chiming in fellas.
How did this turn out? I was also thinking about adding the stealth sub because I had it in my last vehicle and loved it. Anybody else go this route?

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I’m still running stock. Debating whether I should put subs in the spare wheel spot or go with the jbl replacement or just leave it stock. It’s so close to what I’m looking for in its stock configuration. I’ve got the HK upgrade though, idk about the standard stereo.

·
Registered
130 Posts
if its fairly close to what you want in its current configuration, just do the JL audio replacement with a decent amp to run it

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have the upgrade HK system too. I just wish the bass hit a little harder. As others have stated, the bass does not change after 3 on the equalizer setting.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts