Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
SUCCESS !!!

I now have a REAL spare. Same diameter, load rating and very close RPM. And it fits in the spare compartment.

To be clear this is rear fitment only. I am okay with a double switch if I have a front failure.

I used a Voxx trackhawk replica wheel purchased from Discount Direct Tire. Part# HWK 880-5127-40 MB. This is an 18x8 +40 wheel that matches the stock wheels in appearance.

Mounted a Kumho 245/65-18 tire. This is the same tire the GC uses as a full size spare.

Have to mention you will also need spline lug nuts as the stock ones will not work with this wheel. No big deal as I have the correct lugs for the spare in a bag in the compartment.

Happy Happy Joy Joy.

Font Screenshot Rectangle Number Parallel Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Locking hubs Tire Wheel Car Automotive tire Vehicle Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle Car Trunk Automotive exterior Motor vehicle .

·
Registered
375 Posts
Thanks for posting the results of your tireless search. Glad you found a solution and others may want to follow. Only information missing is wheel and tire weight, LOL.

·
Registered
18 Posts
According to my to my super accurate calibrated bathroom scale.

The OEM spare is 46.6 lbs. My new real spare is 57.8. So 8.2 lbs difference.

8lbs is well worth it to me. I just got back from a 2k mile road trip. I had no problems and the TH performed perfectly. I felt a lot better knowing I had a real spare in the back.

The original 20 inch spare is up for sale. Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

41 - 44 of 44 Posts