Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone. This is my first post on this forum, but I have long followed it and relied upon it for information.

What I am looking for, is an exact description of what the difference is between the front brakes of a Jeep SRT8, and the front brakes on a Jeep trackhawk. I know that the trackhawk takes a 20 mm larger rotor, and that that additional diameter is taken up an actual swept area of the rotor. This means that the trackhawk takes a slightly larger pad. The pad, from what I understand, is taller in order to accommodate the larger swept area. Hence why some people say that standard SRT front brake pads can be used. However they would not be in contact with the entire surface of the rotor.

My specific question is this... What is the exact difference that accommodates the larger rotor? Are the mounting tabs on the steering Hub and knuckle actually taller by 10 mm? Or is it that the mounting tabs on the trackhawk calipers are actually 10 mm longer? In other words, if I were to transplant trackhawk front brembo's onto a wk2 SRT Jeep, would I need the larger rotor also? Or would the caliper be sitting lower, because the Hub is what makes up the difference, and an SRT sized rotor would work, along with SRT pads?

Thank you very much in advance for any information. I appreciate your time.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Another thing to consider is whether or not your existing wheels will clear the Trackhawk calipers. Reason being I had a set of 2017 polished 5-spoke wheels from a regular SRT8 that I planned on installing on our Trackhawk. In short the TH calipers are larger and there is not enough clearance to fit the 2017 wheels. I was shocked, but the TH wheels have a different offset and the inside barrels have more clearance as well. Good luck with the mod if you try to get it done.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Another thing to consider is whether or not your existing wheels will clear the Trackhawk calipers. Reason being I had a set of 2017 polished 5-spoke wheels from a regular SRT8 that I planned on installing on our Trackhawk. In short the TH calipers are larger and there is not enough clearance to fit the 2017 wheels. I was shocked, but the TH wheels have a different offset and the inside barrels have more clearance as well. Good luck with the mod if you try to get it done.
Offset is the same 50mm

·
Registered
15 Posts
The offset might be the same, but the TH spokes bend away from the mounting hub to clear the calipers. Some of the SRT8 wheels may clear but the polished 5-spokes from 2017 will not. The spider wheels from 2012 - 2017 have a similar design to the TH wheels, so they might work. Not sure if anyone has looked at the caliper to wheel clearance on the TH, but man it is close. In fact the wheel weights have to be carefully positioned otherwise they will make contact with the caliper. I am sure several tire shops will learn that lesson in the very near future.

·
Registered
531 Posts
+1 to chevyave.

I purchased a set of Forgelines in stock size, with stock 50mm offset. Was told by everyone "no problem" on fitment.

When I took them to the tire shop for installation, we found that they go on the rear, no prob, but the front spokes contact the caliper even before bolting down the wheel.

Forgeline is working on a fix (different contour to spokes) and will be sending me a new set.

I'm bummed that I ordered the wheels way back in in January and still haven't gotten ones that fit, but Forgeline is standing behind their product/company and are treating me nicely. I do appreciate that.

My advice to anyone considering aftermarket wheels: Make certain that the company has actually measured them bolted onto an actual TH's front hubs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts