Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can anyone tell me if the Trackhawk has a splash guard under the car to prevent water from getting up to the engine? When I look down from the engine compartment bay on the drivers side it is covered but on the passenger side it's not.
Thanks

·
Registered
220 Posts
Unfortunately no it doesn’t, it has a small plastic rock shield/protection for the Transmition area only and that’s about it.

·
Registered
267 Posts
There are plastic splash guards protecting the bottom of the engine pretty completely like most cars. if you look under there you can see...

Reactions: HellHawked

·
Registered
220 Posts
I built one out of 1/8” aluminum sheet that I made to fit from just behind the opening acces to the oil plug all the way back to just in front of the muffler/suitcase and wide enough to cover both the down pipes/cats.

Reactions: Boosted Hawk

·
Registered
267 Posts
pics please! sounds sweet.

·
Registered
267 Posts
slick man. I like the vents and the oil drain access. what did you use to bolt that into?

·
Registered
220 Posts
slick man. I like the vents and the oil drain access. what did you use to bolt that into?
Going from back to front: i made a support L bracket that i attached to a bolt on the left side on the rear drive shaft housing, the rear right side of the shield i attached to an arm/cross member that angled back to the frame. The fwd back half of the shield i attached to the rear cross member of the Transmition which has 2 existing welded on bolts, the front back half of the shield i attached to the front Transmition cross bar where the original plastic shield would attach to and the fwd front of the shield i attached to the steel plate that covers part of the oil pan and starter motor, i drilled and tapped that steel plate. It is fairly simple to make i only had to fab the L bracket and drill & tap the front steel plate all the other mounting points i used were already there, the hardest part was indexing the sheet for accurate drilling so it would line up with the existing mounting points.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Aren’t you worried about air flow and trapping heat?
No not worried, i first made this shield for my 15’ JGC SRT when it had 5k miles on it and it has now 99k miles and I just had my dealer do the first tranny and transfer case fluid change for peace of mind and to see what color the fluid was and how it smelled, dealer said fluids were in good shape and was impressed with how clean and new the underneath of the SRT looked. On the TH shield i have the fwd grill openings facing fwd to get air in and the back grill openings facing rear to help hot air circulate out, plus it’s open along the sides, a lot of air gaps and a lot of air gets moved around there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts