Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2018 Trackhawk
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, back again with another issue :), i have noticed a long time ago that when i am driving i hear squeking noise coming from the front right wheel, i can hear the noise without breaking or anything and when i hit the gas paddle the noise goes fast then disappears, i also hear it while turning right or left at low speed, i took it to the dealership twice !! and they told me they fix it by cleaning the disc break ?!!!, the sound comes and goes, so i know that you guys are better than them, i will put a Youtube video link to listen to the sound, please help guys. (YouTube)

· Premium Member
2019, Jeep, Trackhawk, Granite Crystal
442 Posts
How worn are your brake pads? The front brakes use floating discs, maybe the rotor is slightly rubbing against a worn brake pad. It could be the brake disk protection plate. I think you need to go to a different dealer and find a technician specially trained for the the trackhawk

· Registered
2018 Trackhawk
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How worn are your brake pads? The front brakes use floating discs, maybe the rotor is slightly rubbing against a worn brake pad. It could be the brake disk protection plate. I think you need to go to a different dealer and find a technician specially trained for the the trackhawk
But i just change the brake pads

· Registered
101 Posts
I have the exact same problem! It comes and goes some days it’s there and some days not. It started when the dealership changed the pads.
To make matters worse we are RHD so I sit right next to the noise lol:LOL:

· Registered
101 Posts
Nope… just about as the noise gets on my last nerve and I want to take it to the dealership it disappears again. Just to come back a few days later..

my best guess it’s either a buildup of brake dust or something. My TH only has 10K miles on it

· Registered
10 Posts
If brakes are ok then maybe make sure your lugs are tight. I’ve had all kinds of weird flex and clicks etc that I thought were brakes and end up being a lug that needed a 1/4 turn. I’m no mechanic but maybe also a dried/damaged bushing? I wouldn’t put much stock in my suggestions but just shouting stuff out in case it’s helpful!

· Registered
55 Posts
Hey guys I have had this problem before and it is most likely from those flimsy little stamped steel L-shaped backets behind each front wheel. They look like jacking points so places like tire shops put their jacks under them and bend them just a fraction when they lift the car, which causes the brackets to rub against the chassis when making turns or putting the brakes on. Some guys report that you can bend them back with a screwdriver but I didn't have any luck with that fix so I just ordered new brackets and it fixed the problem 100%. I actually just did the same fix on my friend's Grand Cherokee Summit 2 weeks ago because he was getting the runaround from the dealership and the new bracket cured the squeak.

Here is a thread about it (read beyond the 1st post - he later states that the only thing that cured his noise was replacing the brackets).
Fix for Front Chassis/Suspension Creak/Squeak | Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

I hope I am not breaking a forum rule by posting from a different forum! IAnyway, I found some stickers on ebay that are bright yellow and say DO NOT LIFT so I put them on those brackets for when I get my tires rotated, balanced, or changed. These are the brackets - no need to jack the car up to replace - it's 3 small bolts and 1 big one. 15 minutes per side, no big deal.

MOPAR FRONT L/H R/H SUSPENSION CROSSMEMBER BRACKET 11-20 GRAND CHEROKEE DURANGO | eBay

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.