Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Just wanted to trouble shoot with you on a squeaking noise I am getting at the time of a shift and generally when there is strain, like a harder acceleration or if I was going up a hill.

I was at the Dragway recently and this started pretty much after I ran the truck. Could it be super charger belt? I cant place where its coming from. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
29 Posts
You can definitely get a shift "chirp" sound from the supercharger belt if your trans tune or trans mode is fairly aggressive (and more likely if you have a different upper pulley than stock). I get this in sport or track transmission modes when accelerating at a light to moderate throttle amount. Note my trans tune is not stock though.

The supercharger belt does not chirp under the less aggtessive auto transmission shift mode/setting.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so for me I drive in track mode almost all the time. I dont have a trans tune yet..... Anything else you can think of that would squeak on a shift?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im wondering that, although truck shifts well not really feeling anything. But I feel like its coming from the back of the vehicle.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Naaa I know that noise. This is something from either the engine bay or rear end. I can’t place it. I’m going to have my belt switched out. I’ve had my pulleys top and bottom changed since 5k miles. I have 18k now so I’m thinking that could be it... time to change the belt.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Do you see any dust on the supercharger snout? Wipe your finger next to the pulley and see if any residue comes off.
Stock mods?

·
Super Moderator
1,920 Posts
Think the tensioner had about 5-10k after the first upgrade, maybe 5k after the 426 upgrade. Same for the belt, replaced with hd version. Maybe 2k since replacing and so far, so good.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts