Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there, my name is Dominic, we are very happy owners of a 2015 GC SRT and we are extremely happy with it....bought new, 45K miles, rock solid.

We are starting to look for my wife next ride (The SRT is hers), our extended warranty expires next March.

We did test drive the Trackhawk and we liked it a lot..I have few reservations about but it seems a very nice super SUV.

It does appear that there is some sort of "dearth" of Trackhawks in the Pacific Northwest (we live in Seattle)....there was only one (a left over 2018, the one that we test drove) at one dealer in the area and it got sold few days ago (fully loaded, they were asking 82K with the discount)...why you think is that?? It is the same in other areas?? Are they still limiting production??

What are the best deals out there?? I heard of some people getting them (fully loaded) for less than 80K....true or internet legend?? Should I wait a little bit?? After all, as I said, my warranty is still good until March.

I got my new 2019 Cadillac CTS-V for 88K with a factory sticker of over 104K and a second sticker, with a bunch of BS dealer add-ons, of 115K...are good deals like that possible with the TH??

Thank you!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Welcome to the site...You heard right about the deals...lot of these trucks sitting on lots including new 2018s....some dealers are cutting big discounts to move them..be patient and research you will get a great deal on a really great vehicle..13,000 miles on mine and still loving it..

·
Registered
67 Posts
Welcome!

We visit Seattle every so often and Id have to say for sure a TH will be a unique ride there! Everyone in Seattle seems to run around in those little Subaru wagons. Not too many big powerful rigs there with the high gas prices and eco warriors. Maybe de-badge your TH to avoid being vandalized. It happened to a buddy there just because his car was seen as a gas guzzler.

That being said, I dont see much value beyond a longer warranty period in buying a 'new' leftover 2018, vs. one that was actually pre-owned. Mechanically, you are better off with a car that has been driven regular miles vs. sitting around and collecting moisture and rot. Plus, you can expect typically at least $10k delta between a 'new' 2018 and a used one.

I would start by getting an idea of what the pre-owned ones are going for. There was a website that used to generate a scatter plot of prices on X and mileage on Y, but you can make one yourself. If a 'new' one is what you really want, you can at least use that data to drive home a goood deal on one.

Good luck!

·
Registered
412 Posts
You probably can't get one for $27k off sticker, like you did with your new CTSV, but there are good deals on THs out there if you are willing to travel/have it shipped... especially considering it doesn't sound like many on the dealer lots where you live.

I also had a '15 SRT Jeep and really liked it... so much that I bought an '18 TH in May of '18. I have several sports cars in my garage, but the TH is my DD because it does everything well... at least for what I do/need/driving style.

Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You probably can't get one for $27k off sticker, like you did with your new CTSV, but there are good deals

Well the real factory sticker was 104K, the extra 10K was all dealer fluff trying to inflate the final price, stuff worth a fraction of what they were asking for (3M front wrapping, glass tint, etc...)

Is under 80K realistic for a fully loaded TH??

·
Registered
67 Posts
Why bother with a "new" one at $85 with asking prices in the low $70's with 5-20k miles these days? Better if the car has been cared for and driven a bit vs sitting for almost 2 years.

·
Registered
35 Posts
They didn't sell well in the NW as it is the land of Prius and Subaru's. I live in Portland and was looking for a while in early 2019 and there were many dealers with 2018 leftovers. I finally purchased my leftover 2018 in March for $80k. It had 13 miles and the sticker (no additional dealer markup) was just over $100k. I have not seen many more at any Dealers as they appeared to not have ordered 2019's for fear of not selling them. The good news is you won't see many on the road. I have yet to see another Trackhawk here on the road.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts