Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just signed up today for this and was curious if anyone has already been since it comes with the Jeep.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yes......I went this year and last year. I will be going next year also. I guess I buy a lot of SRT's. lol

·
Super Moderator
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I guess that’s one way to get the free driving school lol. Can you elaborate any as to what it’s like? I mean, I’m going regardless, just wanna manage my expectations I guess.
Cheers

·
Registered
695 Posts
I went many years ago when they offered it all over the country. It was a terrific experience. I think they’ve put the clamps on it some since then though. At my SRT track experience they let you drive the SRT you owned, and I knew that was a recipe for disaster. I told my buddy I went with that one of these old guys that rolled up in a Viper is gonna total one of FCA’s Vipers if they’re allowed to drive it on the auto cross course, and sure enough no less than a couple hours later, a Viper was smashed into a concrete barrier. They even shook the guys hand and gave him a certificate at the end of the day, no kidding. He left and got in his own Viper in the parking lot and went home, leaving FCA with a mangled pile of metal on the auto cross track. I was talking to one of the professional driver’s that teaches the event afterwards about it, and he told me something crazy like a third of all Viper’s that are totaled, are totaled on the way home from the dealership after purchase. They literally don’t even make it home from the dealership sometimes! I told him I predicted to my buddy when we showed up that a Viper would be totaled to if you let someone drive these on the auto cross track, and he said it was actually the first time that that had happened. Yeah, probably the last time too, as that guy probably ruined it for everybody else going forward.

The road course at Road America in Wisconsin was insane! I had the GC SRT8 up around 150 on the straightaways. I was power sliding the Magnum and Crossfire SRT’s in and out of turns. It was a killer experience!

Kind of sucks we need to travel for it now.

·
Super Moderator
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It’s in Phoenix this year apparently. I used to live there so it’s easy for me to pop over on a quick flight from Austin. It sounds like it’s going to be fun, thanks for chiming in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts