Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GC SRT was a great ride, but the GC Trackhawk is just nuts! Fantastic power, only issue thus far is the steering has a tendency to become tight almost like you're fighting the direction.

·
Registered
695 Posts
The steering issue was the very first thing I noticed. Every time I make a lane change the wheel fights me. I’m glad I’m not the only one that’s noticed this. Is this normal for a TH? It definitely makes you pay closer attention when driving. It is quite annoying.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I just got mine too, only driven it a few times, but maybe so. The crooked car over the lane icon is very annoying. How do you turn it off? Mine is always lit up, either white or changes to yellow I think. I took delivery of it with it like that, so I assumed that was a normal icon to be lit up all the time. I don’t think it has anything to do with using turn signals or not. I’m coming from a WK1 GC SRT8, so I’ve got a big learning curve.

·
Banned
362 Posts
It does sound like lane departure is on. I don't like it so I just keep mine off. Doesn't work 100% of the time anyway. It's one of the buttons just below the AC controls.

·
Registered
695 Posts
It does sound like lane departure is on. I don't like it so I just keep mine off. Doesn't work 100% of the time anyway. It's one of the buttons just below the AC controls.
Thanks Car-Guy. Is this how it’s supposed to work? Fighting you everytime you cross a lane marker.

·
Super Moderator
225 Posts
Thanks Car-Guy. Is this how it’s supposed to work? Fighting you everytime you cross a lane marker.
Yes, unless you are using your blinker.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Yes, unless you are using your blinker.
Shouldn’t it be unless there is actually a car in the way?!? So it’s less of an accident avoidance system and more of a courtesy alarm to alert you to put your blinker on to let the car next to you know your about to hit them. This clearly wasn’t well thought out. I’ll be deactivating my permanently so I’m not constantly in a battle with my own car steering wheel.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It really only bothers me when I am on a 2 lane road trying to stay to the right of my lane just to give opposite traffic more room as the road I drive daily has some trucks that like to place their tires on the divider line... it keeps wanting me to get back in the center of the lane.... for lane changes you can just tap the blinker stalk and it will hit your turn signal 3-4 times and disable the lane departure enough to change without the steering adjust. The bonus is it provides the blind spot warning if by chance you missed someone hiding in your blind spot.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I thought I would hate that feature...but it has already saved me one time from changing lanes on the freeway into a small car completely hidden in my blind spot.

I'm usually not a fan of the active-safety stuff on today's cars, but for this one, an occasional annoyance is worth it.

Also have learned to like the rear cross-path detection beeper. Nice to have in crowded parking lots when backing out of a parking spot.

Reactions: YACCster

·
Banned
362 Posts
Yep. If it's on, it will try and pull you back. A little extra force and you can change lanes. As I've said, I just turned it off. I played with it for the first few weeks (neat gimmick) but found it only works 60 to 70% of the time. Also, it's get's PO if you take your hands off the wheel for to long (like maybe 20 sec or so). It's not a self drive feature. Also, if it can't see the lane markers, as often happens especially on secondary roads, it will get lost and give up.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Need to clarify my earlier comment about the lane change alert: I was talking about the triangle in the mirror and the beeping, if you try to change lanes and there's a vehicle within the warning zone (blind spot.) That I don't mind.

However, I do not like the pushback against the steering feel of the other part of the lane departure warning, and have shut that off, as Car-Guy and others have said.

Hey, at least they gave us a simple button to shut it off. I hate having to drill down through multiple menus just to make a simple adjustment.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I’m used to the lane departure function since as I have it on my 17 SRT as well. It’s not so obstrusive once you get the hang of it. It performs some corrective measures (steering pushback) and has saved me on more than one occasion, wherein I was straying onto the adjacent lane.

This feature usually gets activated when cruising above 45-50 mph, it stay inactive below those speeds.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks to all of you who posted this item. I was getting concerned about the occasional steering pull issue and was attributing this to some kind of larger problem with the steering or suspension. Ovr the weekend, I disabled the system from the button on the console, and the pulling stopped. Kind of a trade off between annoyance and a safety matter, but I think I will err on the side of safety, especially on the highway. Too many people ride in your blind spot on both sides of the vehicle to do otherwise.

·
Registered
411 Posts
haven't experienced the corrective steering issue on my new TH yet. I didn't have this feature on my '15 SRT. But I'm going to figure a way to turn it off. I don't mind the visual warning signals on the side mirrors... that's a nice feature that is not intrusive.

But some of these nannies are ridiculous. Compared to my '15, the sensitivity of the front crash (BRAKE!!!) warning is absurd. So I turned that down as low as possible and turned off the audible warning. I'm _not_ claiming to be a better driver than anyone else, but some of this stuff is unnecessary for the type of driving I do 90% of the time. "Yes, I see the car 100' in front of me that is going slow, and I'm moving over a lane to avoid them and maintain my speed... I do not need you interrupting ACDC blasting on the HK stereo." :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts