Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone gotten stainless works exhaust? Cat back or full system? If so, how do you like it?

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
I’m curious about the fitment of the headers (cat-back too) as well as the sound. I like the sleeper aspect of the vehicle and don’t want it to get too much louder, at least at cruising throttle. Any input would be greatly appreciated, especially if you did the install yourself.

·
Registered
369 Posts
If you are looking at a Stainless Works exhaust system, then I am sure that you all have gone to their site and viewed the Youtube video of the various combinations of exhaust options for the TH. If you have not then here is the link, which IMHO provides a good comparision of the various options. My favorite is SW headers to stock exhaust.

Skip to 2:46 in the video for the exhaust comparisions.

https://youtu.be/bCOzarYLjbU

·
Registered
16 Posts
I purchased the stainless works catback and I love it. My legmaker intake shipped out today as well, I will be posting a video of them together soon.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So, how aggressive is the SW cat back compared to stock? It's really hard to get a feel for the sound just listening to the online videos.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I had SW headers with hi-flow cats to stock cat-back exhaust on my '15 SRT. Absolutely awesome. Sounded _better_ but not louder or obnoxious compared to stock at idle and cruise. But then on the throttle, it was definitely louder and the tone was great. I would absolutely put these headers on my TH.

Reactions: Techknowguy

·
Registered
43 Posts
We have the cat back on our hawk. Here is how I describe it. Little louder at idle not much Just deeper. Normal driving its a bit louder also you will notice it more then the stock exhaust for sure. However its not annoying does not really drone its just more noticeable. Now when you Go WOT its like the gates of hell open up. It absolutely freaking screams. Best way to describe it is I have ripped past a few good friends and they all have said that when they hear it go by their mind is saying they should be looking at a Nascar but they see a jeep. LOL

Very happy with our exhaust

·
Registered
16 Posts
We have the cat back on our hawk. Here is how I describe it. Little louder at idle not much Just deeper. Normal driving its a bit louder also you will notice it more then the stock exhaust for sure. However its not annoying does not really drone its just more noticeable. Now when you Go WOT its like the gates of hell open up. It absolutely freaking screams. Best way to describe it is I have ripped past a few good friends and they all have said that when they hear it go by their mind is saying they should be looking at a Nascar but they see a jeep. LOL

Very happy with our exhaust
Very accurate description, I'm rather tempted to go with their headers as well and see what magic happens.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts