Jeep Trackhawk Forum banner

Stainless Works Full Exhaust

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  maddog 
#1 ·
Finally found some time to fit my exhaust about a month ago. Well that was a bit of work just removing the stock exhaust as there were several of the manifold bolts I couldn't even see and only just feel. But it all came together with only one minor hitch being the right hand header fouled on the steering column. As my Stainless Works headers were made for the left hand drive American market, not my right hand drive export model. The power difference was noticeable as soon as I drove it and the sound was awesome but just a bit to loud so I decided to add a couple of 3 inch straight through mufflers to tone it down a little and it worked perfectly with no power loss either!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Finally found some time to fit my exhaust about a month ago. Well that was a bit of work just removing the stock exhaust as there were several of the manifold bolts I couldn't even see and only just feel. But it all came together with only one minor hitch being the right hand header fouled on the steering column. As my Stainless Works headers were made for the left hand drive American
market, not my right hand drive export model. The power difference was
noticeable as soon as I drove it and the sound was awesome but just a bit to loud so I decided to add a couple of 3 inch straight through mufflers to tone it down a little and it worked perfectly with no power loss either!
Did installing headers trigger the check engine light at all ? Just curious, I want to install, but worried about passing inspection over hear in NY.

#3 ·
No not at all
There are two O2 sensors on each side and they go straight back into the new system but there were extensions provided with the new exhaust and the O2 sensors aren’t all the same so be sure to mark where they came from so they go back in the correct location.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.