Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped with my car ina a carpark two days ago. I wanted to leave ten minutes later, but the engine didn't start. My car was carried away 3 hours later. I got a call from the service and let me know that the starter needs to be changed but unfortunately it is not available in Europe. The new part will arrive in the middle of February. Is there anyone who has had a starter problem yet? http://bit.do/Jeep-on-the-trailer

·
Registered
10 Posts
Car dealers from FCA are obliged in France, by contract, to deal with Mopar for spare parts. Obviously, Mopar/FCA do not care about european customers when parts are not available.

I had to wait more than 2 months (they told me 15 days when ordering) for an oil cooler and different other parts.
It was available everywhere in USA...

The cherry on the cake is that the cooler sold $170 in USA has been sold to my dealer €450 !!! The same with other parts ; prices in France are between 2X and 3X + VAT.

For exemple, a front light sold $700 in USA is sold €2.200 here !!!

If you can order by yourself directly in USA, do it. You will find a lot of shops on the net selling Mopar parts in USA and ok to send them in Europe.

Some people on the forum might give you advices to find a good parts dealer.

Mac

·
Registered
267 Posts
WOW I cannot believe you guys are dealing with that level of BS.

I couldn't imagine owning A FCA vehicle and not living in America, at least I can go to the dealer and look a guy ive known for years in the eyes and make him step up lol

you are true enthusiasts!! much respect and hang in there and keep using this forum to bring attention to your mistreatment. PLEASE HOWEVER- GIVE very detailed info so that we can learn and so that Your story actually gets out which will help you. And DONT BUY A TESLA. believe me LOL.

·
Registered
10 Posts
@ bloodyhellhawk
you understood I am a US cars lover ; my 2 other cars are a 18yo chevy Tahoe and a 20yo Camaro both with V8 engines.
Chevy spare parts are a bit more expensive than in USA but it is still to be compared with european brands ; it is very easy to buy from US dealers if necessary.

BTW, I hesitated with the Tesla model X and the Range Rover Sport SVR ; Trackhawk won.

Might be my first and last car from FCA.

Do not forget that in FCA, there is the letter "F" ; this is the main issue IMO. When making FIAT ultra low cost cars, they do not know how to deal, at least in France, with customers buying a 6 digits price car.

I hope our friend dzseri will be lucky in Hungary with his starter.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
I stopped with my car ina a carpark two days ago. I wanted to leave ten minutes later, but the engine didn't start. My car was carried away 3 hours later. I got a call from the service and let me know that the starter needs to be changed but unfortunately it is not available in Europe. The new part will arrive in the middle of February. Is there anyone who has had a starter problem yet? http://bit.do/Jeep-on-the-trailer
Just a heads up for you. We do a ton of performance mods on this platform. Over the summer I had one of my customers with a similar issue as you are describing after a very thorough inspection we found the trigger wire going on top of the starter had came off. It was very difficult to find and even harder to fix but you may want to reach back out to the dealer and have them double check that wire. That may be the whole problem we learned from hours of investigating this.

I hope this may help and even be the issue.

Sincerely
Scott

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found there already MOPAR starter,at a polish dealer. I informed local FCA, but not allowed the buy. The problem is the FCA protocol. (Not expensive, only 110 dollars.) The FCA is helpful, they have already put out the starter, they fix it for me to use the car. When the new one arrive, they change it. Scott: Thanks for the advice. I told them what you suggested, they watched the wire and strenged them. mac: Merci for the tips. As long as the car is under warranty, I can not deviate. Then it will order everything from US, like my motorbike. They also offered to replace the intake, but i asked for it to be cleaned. They try to give me a Compass for the service time, but i use the Range Rover V8 ....(

·
Registered
112 Posts
WOW I cannot believe you guys are dealing with that level of BS.

I couldn't imagine owning A FCA vehicle and not living in America, at least I can go to the dealer and look a guy ive known for years in the eyes and make him step up lol

you are true enthusiasts!! much respect and hang in there and keep using this forum to bring attention to your mistreatment. PLEASE HOWEVER- GIVE very detailed info so that we can learn and so that Your story actually gets out which will help you. And DONT BUY A TESLA. believe me LOL.
Here’s a small one. My grey import. Well the Hawk is actually black. I didn’t want to wait for FCA to decide 13 months later to sell them here so imported one myself. No warranty - no bother. BUT, they have to honour safety recalls. Have had floormats on backorder for months. AND the order keeps getting cancelled as FCA system rejects the request as it is a left hooker in the U.K.
But I am getting good at pulling the mat backwards as throttle has stuck twice now.

Irony here, the former head of Jeep, now head of all of FCA is a Brit.

·
Registered
267 Posts
the Mopar brand rubber ALL WEATHER mats you can buy online anywhere pretty cheap and they work great for me. they gave me the new recall carpet mats and I still have them in the packaging(because its a JEEP damnit!) lol

·
Registered
40 Posts
I realize we are veering off topic, but I wanted to mention I got the weather techs (even the dealer recommended which surprised me). They have been awesome, especially in the snowy Wisconsin weather recently. As advertised, they fit perfect. Yeah, the carpets are safely in storage (at least until Spring/Summer).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here’s a small one. My grey import. Well the Hawk is actually black. I didn’t want to wait for FCA to decide 13 months later to sell them here so imported one myself. No warranty - no bother. BUT, they have to honour safety recalls. Have had floormats on backorder for months. AND the order keeps getting cancelled as FCA system rejects the request as it is a left hooker in the U.K.
But I am getting good at pulling the mat backwards as throttle has stuck twice now.

Regarding to thottle, did this happen to you?: https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=dHo5VnhUbGNyUTQ3clB6Z3dtazcxOWE0ZTk2Q2t3

·
Registered
385 Posts
I realize we are veering off topic, but I wanted to mention I got the weather techs (even the dealer recommended which surprised me). They have been awesome, especially in the snowy Wisconsin weather recently. As advertised, they fit perfect. Yeah, the carpets are safely in storage (at least until Spring/Summer).
+1 on Weather Tech. I had them in my GC SRT-8 before this, and transferred them into my TH.
No sticking throttle problems.
I just provided another floor mat option in another thread.

https://www.jeeptrackhawk.org/forum/636-jeep-trackhawk-parts/5820-anyone-selling-floormats.html

1 - 13 of 13 Posts