Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
I wonder if that is from a heatshield that is in a bind and popping when it gets hot? Kind of like a tin can that is push in a bit and if you push on a solid area, it'll pop back out.

Reactions: Quicksilver

·
Registered
15 Posts
There’s a guy on YouTube that’s posts a lot of videos he had same issue with his trackhawk, think it was something with the fuel line .

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a "pop" when I start mine up, or when I back up my car up a slight incline to put it in my garage. I've had the dealer look twice and at first they thought it was a heat shield. When they installed my block heater is when I noticed. They couldn't replicate it. I always use my parking brake and I know they don't so possibly that could be something to do with it. I'm curious if you ever figured this out

·
Super Moderator
2,289 Posts
I’ve had the brakes kick on when trying to back up or down an incline which makes a bit of a noise. I doubt that’s it but you could disable it and test.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It sounds more like a "tap" like an exhaust is tapping against the tunnel so to speak. It's not a bang or a brake dragging (although it very well could be). I may talk to my dealer again but we are on great terms so I'd like to keep it that way lol.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I took it in this week for maintenance and let the dealer know it was still happening. They have yet to figure it out. It is much more noticeable than a heat shield. It can be felt through the entire vehicle. They asked to keep it to try and figure it out. They are just as puzzled as I am. The really tough part is that it only pops on the first startup of the day. They literally have 2 seconds to locate it. They have it on a rack and several mechanics stand under to try and find it. This does not seem to impact how it performs or drives. It is Jeeps way of just aggravating me to death because issues like this make me insane.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I took it in this week for maintenance and let the dealer know it was still happening. They have yet to figure it out. It is much more noticeable than a heat shield. It can be felt through the entire vehicle. They asked to keep it to try and figure it out. They are just as puzzled as I am. The really tough part is that it only pops on the first startup of the day. They literally have 2 seconds to locate it. They have it on a rack and several mechanics stand under to try and find it. This does not seem to impact how it performs or drives. It is Jeeps way of just aggravating me to death because issues like this make me insane.
Yep, mine is exactly like that. Will do it the first startup of the day, and sometimes when I give it some gas trying to back up a hill.

·
Registered
3 Posts
@2018BlackTrackHawk I also have this popping sound on my TrackHawk. It only occurs on the first startup of the day after sitting all night. I too have brought my vehicle into my dealer several times with no success in diagnosing the issue, as the vehicle will not make the pop sound when they have it. The pop sound I have on my Trackhawk occurs more frequently when the outside temperature is 75F or above and since it is getting cold in the great white north it is not occurring as often. I have showed my dealer a couple videos I have taken of the popping sound and they have no idea what is causing it.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts