Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Didn’t like the “Jeep” staring at me so I replaced it with a $6.99 e-bay SRT/Hellcatfind. Took a bit of work to get the OEM emblem off cover and make a new plastic insert to fit…..but lot less expensive than any alternatives I’ve seen.
That looks amazing. I'm going to have to do that.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Looks waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than the regular JEEP logo. Thanks for sharing.

What does it take to get the horn pad off the wheel?

·
Registered
113 Posts
The 2017 SRT Jeep I owned had the SRT emblem on the steering wheel...dont see why the TH got the JEEP emblem...Yours is the way it should have come from the factory..looks great!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Didn’t like the “Jeep” staring at me so I replaced it with a $6.99 e-bay SRT/Hellcatfind. Took a bit of work to get the OEM emblem off cover and make a new plastic insert to fit…..but lot less expensive than any alternatives I’ve seen.
With so many of us liking this mod, can you share some details to make it easier for some of us to try this out? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
45 Posts
With so many of us liking this mod, can you share some details to make it easier for some of us to try this out? Thanks in advance.
I second that. I might also pick up an SRT airbag and see if I can have it covered in leather to match our stock wheel.

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
I second that. I might also pick up an SRT airbag and see if I can have it covered in leather to match our stock wheel.
Cant see how it can be covered and still look right? it did bother me when I first put it on but didnt even notice the plastic a day or two later. the red glow is worth the trade off.
BUT I prob would of did this mod instead if I knew about it or wasn't scared that part will shoot off and shank me in the neck in a wreck. lol

·
Registered
45 Posts
Cant see how it can be covered and still look right? it did bother me when I first put it on but didnt even notice the plastic a day or two later. the red glow is worth the trade off.
BUT I prob would of did this mod instead if I knew about it or wasn't scared that part will shoot off and shank me in the neck in a wreck. lol
So the lighted SRT emblem works on yours? I'm not that much of a fan of the red but I would take the white back lit one. I was curious if you needed special wiring for the lighted emblem to work.

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
So the lighted SRT emblem works on yours? I'm not that much of a fan of the red but I would take the white back lit one. I was curious if you needed special wiring for the lighted emblem to work.
your in luck the white light version is a lot cheaper then the red. I have red interior and I am a red freak lol.
I bought it as a package - air bag and lil wire harness. you def have to swap the harness. not sure harness is proper wording it was 3-4 wires like 6 inches long but it was unplug one plug in the other

·
Registered
11 Posts
Can you show a close up picture of the rear of the JEEP emblem to give us an idea how it's attached?
How much trouble is it getting the air bad off?
Thanks.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Can you show a close up picture of the rear of the JEEP emblem to give us an idea how it's attached? How much trouble is it getting the air bad off?

Here is a picture and I used like 8 flat screw drivers to hold down all the clips....then it just slides apart.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
Here is a picture and I used like 8 flat screw drivers to hold down all the clips....then it just slides apart.
holly smokes you have balls. I am not messing with the airbag lol. no clue why but that scares the S outta me. Probably cuz for me its the unknown. I do like the mod and its way better then buying the $600 cover I bought with a red SRT

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the photos but they raise several unanswered questions.

The screwdrivers were to get the leather cover off the air bag assembly correct?

How do you get the air bag assembly off in the first place? Screws from the backside?

How was the Jeep emblem attached to the leather cover? Looks like hot melt glue in the picture.

What was the original application that you got the SRT and Hellcat emblem off of?

Did you take a piece of metal or plastic, cover it in leather and then sandwich it between the air bag and the leather cover when you put it back together?

Sorry for all the questions.....

Dennis

1 - 16 of 16 Posts