Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've owned a 2014 SRT a 2016 SRT a 2018 Trackhawk and now a 2020 Trackhawk and my 2016 SRT and 2020 Trackhawk both had crocked steering wheels. I tool my 2016 SRT in twice and they never did fix it. I didn't care because I knew I was only going to keep it for a year. Now my 2020 Trackhawk has the same problem and it driving my crazy. I'll be driving down the road going straight and the steering is to the right enough to drive me crazy.. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what was done to fix it.. Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
213 Posts
My last few cars, Cad SRX, C7-Z06, BMWi3 and yes even SRT Demon all came with steering wheels rotated a few degrees off center ..... drives me crazy ...…… just get under there and crank each tie rod end about 1/4 turn in the direction needed to make the tires go straight when the wheel is centered....may take a time or two but you can get it perfect. (note - I put a paint dot on the original position of the tie rod ends so if I get confused I can always start off from zero again....and make sure to turn both the same direction or the toe will get off.)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's what I told them to do the first time and they did an alignment and said it was fixed. I'm going to take it to another dealership to have them give it try. One more after that and I'll do Lemon Law on the fucker. Lol

·
Registered
415 Posts
If your dealer can't figure it out then I would take it to a shop that specializes in suspensions.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Lowered my 21 TH with eibach lowering springs and also put on the bwoody suspension kit. Had alignment done twice since and my steering wheel is still off. The most recent alignment we even tried adjusting the front toe 3 times and still couldn’t get it to be straight. Been looking for more info to see if there’s a different adjustment to make besides toe to straighten the steering wheel. Any info helps, thanks!

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
242 Posts
Wonder if the electric steering has a self centering setting???

1 - 14 of 14 Posts