Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what's up everyone, I'm new here and to jeep. I just bought a TH and have a question about the stereo Volume, while the sound quality is good it doesn't seem to be very loud. its the premium HK audio and I'm just wondering if any else experience this? You can barely hear it till you get till about 15 on the volume numbers. I'm coming out of a Denali and that stereo was much better which surprised me. I'm old but not deaf.
On a side Note I love this truck!

·
Registered
317 Posts
I notice the same thing and i have had (2) 2015's with the HK system and now a 2018 Track hawk and while all sound good I do notice that the volume level is inconsistent. Depending on what I am listening to the volume is louder with certain things for example - my spotify from my phone when plugged into the cord has good volume BUT newer music like 2018 made music sounds a lot louder then 80's stuff recorded in earlier times.

I do notice that with my 2018 I do have to turn the volume up over 21 to get it to really bump. 15 is super low, 5-10 I cant hear almost anything. I dont know if the amp in this car has gain control but if it exists this is what needs to be turned up a tad. I feel like when I stream music from an app on my phone the volume levels are stronger at the lower levels of volume control. of you are bluetoothing to the radio make sure the phones volume is up all the way sometimes this can make a difference.

I know this really does not help you but I definitely notice the same thing you do... but just turn up the volume. Regardless this truck is a total blast to be in and i think that the HK system is actually better then the Bose systems. I think bose has list their edge over the years.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I notice the same thing and i have had (2) 2015's with the HK system and now a 2018 Track hawk and while all sound good I do notice that the volume level is inconsistent. Depending on what I am listening to the volume is louder with certain things for example - my spotify from my phone when plugged into the cord has good volume BUT newer music like 2018 made music sounds a lot louder then 80's stuff recorded in earlier times.

I do notice that with my 2018 I do have to turn the volume up over 21 to get it to really bump. 15 is super low, 5-10 I cant hear almost anything. I dont know if the amp in this car has gain control but if it exists this is what needs to be turned up a tad. I feel like when I stream music from an app on my phone the volume levels are stronger at the lower levels of volume control. of you are bluetoothing to the radio make sure the phones volume is up all the way sometimes this can make a difference.

I know this really does not help you but I definitely notice the same thing you do... but just turn up the volume. Regardless this truck is a total blast to be in and i think that the HK system is actually better then the Bose systems. I think bose has list their edge over the years.

Thanks, that is exactly what I'm talking about and this does help. I thought something may have been wrong and now I know that its normal I'm ok with it somewhat. as you said though the truck is a blast and I just turn the volume down and listen to the truck anyway.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I've found that not only is the sound louder when I stream off my phone, as opposed to listening to satellite radio, the quality is much better.

I'm not a stereo expert by any means, and yes I'm an old guy, but I would think I could attribute both above conditions to the quality/compression of the music itself. Satellite music just doesn't sound as rich (as streamed music) in any car that I've tried.

I really like the quality sound of the TH's HK system. It's significantly better sounding than the top-line Revel Ultima 20-speaker system in our 2019 Navigator Black Label. Especially when playing satellite radio. Plus, the Revel is a system that you need to turn way up to hear it well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've found that not only is the sound louder when I stream off my phone, as opposed to listening to satellite radio, the quality is much better.

I'm not a stereo expert by any means, and yes I'm an old guy, but I would think I could attribute both above conditions to the quality/compression of the music itself. Satellite music just doesn't sound as rich (as streamed music) in any car that I've tried.

I really like the quality sound of the TH's HK system. It's significantly better sounding than the top-line Revel Ultima 20-speaker system in our 2019 Navigator Black Label. Especially when playing satellite radio. Plus, the Revel is a system that you need to turn way up to hear it well.

I need to experiment more as I've only had this for 3 days now and still trying to learn how to work everything.
good info though. thanks. I'm also old, my Denali stereo is much better than this. ( in my opinion)

love this truck though!!

·
Super Moderator
2,294 Posts
Don’t forget to save the seat position AFTER you set all your favorite radio stations. It took me a while to figure out why I was losing my presets every so often. When you press mem 1, it also changes the presets to whatever they were the last time you saved the seat position.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I need to experiment more as I've only had this for 3 days now and still trying to learn how to work everything.
good info though. thanks,

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don’t forget to save the seat position AFTER you set all your favorite radio stations. It took me a while to figure out why I was losing my presets every so often. When you press mem 1, it also changes the presets to whatever they were the last time you saved the seat position.

Thanks! I didn't know that and it would have drove me crazy.

·
Super Moderator
2,294 Posts
It only happens when you press the memory recall button and I’m the only driver so it was super rare. Just often enough to make you question your sanity. If you share the vehicle, all the settings can be paired to a specific fob so you don’t have to anything to swap drivers

·
Registered
346 Posts
I also wish the volume went louder than 38.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts