Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
I’m installing SW catback tonight. Everything is in but it’s a pain in the azz to adjust (center and level) without it being on a lift. I’m giving up for the the night and will finish it up tomorrow - or just get it good enough and take it to Midas and pay them $30 to adjust and tack weld it.

Anyways the stock exhaust weighs in at 62lbs

Things to note about the stock exhaust: it’s straight through design for the muffler and resonators. There is an X pipe weld after the suitcase muffler. Except for the suitcase muffler inlet (2.5”) the system is 3”.

If I had known these facts, I would have had Midas weld in 2 3” pipes to eliminate the suitcase muffler (doesn’t even look like they would need any bends). That would have cost me about $100-150. The stock system is really decent except for the suitcase muffler.

Hope this info saves someone $1000 if they are just looking for a little more noise and shaving the weight of the mid-muffler.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Stainless works Catback is installed and sounds good. A little drone during warm-up at 1200 RPM. None once up to temp. Not bothering with sound videos as it does no justice for hearing difference in the exhaust note. It is louder for sure and not raspy. It screams when you get on it. Overall, I like it!

·
Registered
168 Posts
How much does the SW weigh?
Stainless Works Catback weighs 40lbs.
Stock is 62lbs and the diameter is 2.75” and for reasons unknown to me the inlet to the midmuffler tapers to 2.5, then exits at 2.75” again. Maybe it serves as a ventury to increase velocity through the mid muffler. Or maybe it’s to create additional back pressure. Anyways, the SW catback is 3” all the way back and has a turbo mufflers (straight through pipes). Cold starts are AMAZING now!

Headers with this setup have to be ridiculous. I’d like to find somebody in my area to hear first hand before dropping $1500 and regretting that decision.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Stainless works Catback is installed and sounds good. A little drone during warm-up at 1200 RPM. None once up to temp. Not bothering with sound videos as it does no justice for hearing difference in the exhaust note. It is louder for sure and not raspy. It screams when you get on it. Overall, I like it!
I second this! My SW catback screams at WOT, and sounds awesome at all revs. This is how the truck should have sounded from the factory. Very noticeable difference from stock. Love it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts