Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had my hawk stolen off the dam dealers lot today. It’s all on camera too. And no one can do **** about it. Like this **** is fucking ridiculous, I drop my car off for service and it gets fucking stolen. I had it for a few months, fucking losers. It was in Pennsylvania in Horsham. God dammit. I’ve read about this but to have it happen to me and while under the responsibility of the same place I just brought it from hits different. I don’t understand why the FCA still makes their vehicles so easy to steal. Like it’s obviously an issue right now with the hellcat powered cars. And it really isn’t fair to us owners who drop all the fucking money on them. God dam I’m pissed.

·
Super Moderator
2,582 Posts
Just had my hawk stolen off the dam dealers lot today. It’s all on camera too. And no one can do ** about it. Like this ** is fucking ridiculous, I drop my car off for service and it gets fucking stolen. I had it for a few months, fucking losers. It was in Pennsylvania in Horsham. God dammit. I’ve read about this but to have it happen to me and while under the responsibility of the same place I just brought it from hits different. I don’t understand why the FCA still makes their vehicles so easy to steal. Like it’s obviously an issue right now with the hellcat powered cars. And it really isn’t fair to us owners who drop all the fucking money on them. God dam I’m pissed.
Wow! That blows man. That’s just insane

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
92 Posts
Just had my hawk stolen off the dam dealers lot today. It’s all on camera too. And no one can do ** about it. Like this ** is fucking ridiculous, I drop my car off for service and it gets fucking stolen. I had it for a few months, fucking losers. It was in Pennsylvania in Horsham. God dammit. I’ve read about this but to have it happen to me and while under the responsibility of the same place I just brought it from hits different. I don’t understand why the FCA still makes their vehicles so easy to steal. Like it’s obviously an issue right now with the hellcat powered cars. And it really isn’t fair to us owners who drop all the fucking money on them. God dam I’m pissed.
Damn good luck..how can't anything be dine about it?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

·
Registered
49 Posts
This makes me sick to my stomach. So sorry man. I hope the people that did this die a slow painful death.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Had that happen to me a while back with a Mitsu Evo. Horrible horrible feeling.

regardless of what the dealer tells you they are responsible. Their insurance...their problem. Once you handed the keys over they took the "Duty of care" of the vehicle. Don't let them push any responsibility in your direction.

·
Registered
446 Posts
This is just horrible and very upsetting, we all totally understand. I hope some kind of positive outcome happens for you.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Had that happen to me a while back with a Mitsu Evo. Horrible horrible feeling.

regardless of what the dealer tells you they are responsible. Their insurance...their problem. Once you handed the keys over they took the "Duty of care" of the vehicle. Don't let them push any responsibility in your direction.
That’s what I thought but they are telling me it’s up to my insurance now

·
Registered
133 Posts
I don't think so!! They took control of it, they own what happens. They are trying to get out of paying, since their deductible is so high it will come out of their pockets..

Lawyer up and make them replace with equivalent or better.

Scumbags can't secure your TH and want you to pay for its theft.

·
Registered
2018 Jeep TrackHawk
82 Posts
@StevenTrackhawking
Damn man sorry to hear this. Apparently the dealership thought it was ok to leave out over night. Wouldn't even be surprised if it was someone at the dealership.
Sounds like a lawsuit, you vs them and your not at fault. This is what business insurance is for. I would roast them no mercy man.

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
257 Posts
Was this stole during working hours or at night after hours, if at night did they have locked gates or what. this is very concerning about leaving vehicle at any dealership to have warranty work done. I can see someone coming into a lot during the day to steal these vehicle as easy as it is to take them. Almost afraid to go on vacation without removing half the fuses and relays, booting and chaining the wheels. Wish there was a way to line lock all 4 wheels brakes.

·
Registered
162 Posts
that is incorrect. i've been down this road. it's 100% their responsibility. Their insurance.

get on the internet and blast them. that'll get their asses moving in the right direction.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not sure what area you’re in but I saw the post about your trackhawk. I used to have a 17 hellcat and have been going back and forth about getting a hawk just for having 1 vehicles sake that’s good in all weather, but what happened to you is my worst fear.

I’m too new to PM, so i’ll post this here. Tonight I saw a white trackhawk around 6:30 PM or so going up welsh road towards horsham. It turned right onto blair mill road and into the lowes parking lot. Was tinted and badgeless on the tailgate, but did not have much sound to it. Hopefully you could have the police check the security cameras at lowes/shopping center? It looked very similar to a white trackhawk I saw going through the promenade in upper dublin last Friday 12/17. It’s not often you see a trackhawk and i’m a huge mopar guy myself so i’m all ears when one drives by.

This is not the first incident of theft at chapman either. Someone managed to get a key shell/spare key off ebay & key swapped a challenger after a test drive and got away. They gave the salesman the dummy key and came back later in the evening and drove the car through the grass onto 611 and were gone. Also in the spring/summer wheels were stolen off quite a few hellcat vehicles.

My father used to work at brandow in warminster, which was the jeep franchise chapman bought when brandow decided to close shop, so he worked there for a short stint. But a handful of his former coworkers still currently work there, so that is where I get my vehicle serviced as well. Hopefully things work out in your favor & you’re back in a Forced Induction Hemi soon.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Every single one of you who are on here, go install Killswitch and GPS. Those are the first things you should do when you get your Challenger, Charger, TRX or Trackhawk. Yes killswitch won't work in this situation but GPS you could have got your car back by now. It sucks dude, I'm sorry for this, there's not much you can do at this point, if you got insurance, it should cover it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Every single one of you who are on here, go install Killswitch and GPS. Those are the first things you should do when you get your Challenger, Charger, TRX or Trackhawk. Yes killswitch won't work in this situation but GPS you could have got your car back by now. It sucks dude, I'm sorry for this, there's not much you can do at this point, if you got insurance, it should cover it.
Unfortunately, a GPS signal jammer that plugs into a cigarette lighter can be had for less than $50. Having said that, I have an appointment for both Ravelco and beefed up security system with tracking already scheduled.

I fear the stealing of these big V8 Hellcats will only get worse as they slowly stop producing them. Thieves should be stoned to death in public.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts