Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2018 ivory tri coat trackhawk
50 Posts
My condolences on your stolen hawk. I would be devastated. I haven’t done a kill switch yet but I will be soon. Mine isn’t a daily driver and stays in a garage. I’ll keep it locked, my key fobs are wrapped in aluminum foil and I also unplug the electric garage door opener so they cannot bust the code and open the door from the outside. Another thing I do is I put a padlock through the garage door track where the door lock goes through. Just another layer of security. Not too much of a pain in the ass for me because it is not a daily driver. It is crazy the **** we have to do to keep what is ours ours . I Hope you and everyone out there has a better 2022

·
Registered
446 Posts
I just discovered a new antitheft device that is plug and play and anyone could install it. Kinda like a kill switch but no wires to cut. The device would replace a relay controlling fuel, starter, etc...Anybody ever heard of it or tried it?
Cyclops Anti-Theft Systems (cyclopsantitheft.com)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry about your loss. We all feel bad when one of our Hawks is lost. I posted a question for general discussion about what if any devices available that would actually protect us from the thieves. If I get an answer that gives a really good device I'll post it here. The automobile dealer is responsible for your vehicle. Make sure you have pictures so you can prove its condition and mileage Plus from their own records you should be able to prove most of it. And start looking on Auto trader or Carfax because there are always four or five trackhawks for sale somewhere in the country. I suggest you find the one you want in the color and interior that you want if possible and demand that they buy it to replace the one they allowed to be stolen. And yes to the fellow who suggested that you lawyer up. Do it immediately. You see if you go through your insurance company while you will have some coverage you will not have 100% coverage they will depreciate you and whatever so that you won't get all your money unless you have a special day policy on the vehicle. Most people don't. I know what I'm talking about this is my business. I have a trackhawk and I worry the same as everyone else. So do as I suggested and make it the dealerships problem. Good luck. KennyG

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just discovered a new antitheft device that is plug and play and anyone could install it. Kinda like a kill switch but no wires to cut. The device would replace a relay controlling fuel, starter, etc...Anybody ever heard of it or tried it?
Cyclops Anti-Theft Systems (cyclopsantitheft.com)
My plan is to do the Ravelco and this PRO T13 2-Way Remote Start & Security System | Compustar with glass break and tilt sensor. I want some other form of tracking other than the shitty guardian. And I'd also like for the alarm to go off and notify me if the doors are open, windows busted, or vehicle is tilted/lifted. Ravelco should provide enough headache so they won't be able to start it especially if an alarm is sounding.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just had my hawk stolen off the dam dealers lot today. It’s all on camera too. And no one can do ** about it. Like this ** is fucking ridiculous, I drop my car off for service and it gets fucking stolen. I had it for a few months, fucking losers. It was in Pennsylvania in Horsham. God dammit. I’ve read about this but to have it happen to me and while under the responsibility of the same place I just brought it from hits different. I don’t understand why the FCA still makes their vehicles so easy to steal. Like it’s obviously an issue right now with the hellcat powered cars. And it really isn’t fair to us owners who drop all the fucking money on them. God dam I’m pissed.
Fuuuuuuuck man I feel you. My hawk was stolen about 10 days ago from a hotel parking lot in Dallas. It was my last day in town was about to go downstairs to start loading it to go back home and bam walked out to nothing in the parking lot. It took Dallas pd 8 hours to show up for the report. Followed the Jeep to Garland tx through my uConnect app called the cops in Garland and they couldn't/didn't do anything. Even after I told them where more or less it was. I passed by there but I couldn't spot it. It still pisses me off to think about it. Nobody helped me. I still haven't heard from them or my insurance since. It's infuriating. I hope you have better luck then me. I'm not getting mine back
Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Cloud

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
133 Posts
Fuuuuuuuck man I feel you. My hawk was stolen about 10 days ago from a hotel parking lot in Dallas. It was my last day in town was about to go downstairs to start loading it to go back home and bam walked out to nothing in the parking lot. It took Dallas pd 8 hours to show up for the report. Followed the Jeep to Garland tx through my uConnect app called the cops in Garland and they couldn't/didn't do anything. Even after I told them where more or less it was. I passed by there but I couldn't spot it. It still pisses me off to think about it. Nobody helped me. I still haven't heard from them or my insurance since. It's infuriating. I hope you have better luck then me. I'm not getting mine back View attachment 10198
View attachment 10197
Ya, it's a damn joke how easy it is for them to steal. Might see it in YouTube vids.

·
Super Moderator
1,458 Posts
Damn sorry about your loss,
I didnt read all the replys just glanced at them and the insurance part and who claims it will most likely be on you, BUT tell your insurance company if they have a case they will go after the dealer thats not your business. either way it shouldn't matter to you. Your insurance wont go up either way.

as far as all the kill switches and other gadgets always remember if someone wants it they will get it. I had a CTSV stole many years ago they used a repo style tow truck. My guess at least. I had the keys no tire marks they didnt drag it and my buddy repos cars he showed me how easy it is to steal or repo anything. ANYTHING with 4 wheels it lifts the whole car where it sits and tows away.
I do like the kill switch idea but I pay a lot of money for top notch insurance i am not gonna worry about it to much. My Impala I wont leave anywhere it can get stole (other then car jack me) the rest of my cars just claim insurance.

At least you have insurance for it. 3 months ago I had 100K in guns and ammo Thermal scopes etc etc stole from a storage unit. I got 2K insurance money lol I still cry about that not even the money the actual stuff tons of it is to hard to replace. People just suck ass.

you will get a new one hopefully better or just as nice.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Fuuuuuuuck man I feel you. My hawk was stolen about 10 days ago from a hotel parking lot in Dallas. It was my last day in town was about to go downstairs to start loading it to go back home and bam walked out to nothing in the parking lot. It took Dallas pd 8 hours to show up for the report. Followed the Jeep to Garland tx through my uConnect app called the cops in Garland and they couldn't/didn't do anything. Even after I told them where more or less it was. I passed by there but I couldn't spot it. It still pisses me off to think about it. Nobody helped me. I still haven't heard from them or my insurance since. It's infuriating. I hope you have better luck then me. I'm not getting mine back View attachment 10198
View attachment 10197
Yea bro I feel you, fucking sucks. I have heard about a lot being stolen but none ever recovered. I hope you find yourself in another one soon. I’m still waiting on my insurance also.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
I didnt read all the replys just glanced at them and the insurance part and who claims it will most likely be on you, BUT tell your insurance company if they have a case they will go after the dealer thats not your business. either way it shouldn't matter to you. Your insurance wont go up either way.

as far as all the kill switches and other gadgets always remember if someone wants it they will get it. I had a CTSV stole many years ago they used a repo style tow truck. My guess at least. I had the keys no tire marks they didnt drag it and my buddy repos cars he showed me how easy it is to steal or repo anything. ANYTHING with 4 wheels it lifts the whole car where it sits and tows away.
I do like the kill switch idea but I pay a lot of money for top notch insurance i am not gonna worry about it to much. My Impala I wont leave anywhere it can get stole (other then car jack me) the rest of my cars just claim insurance.

At least you have insurance for it. 3 months ago I had 100K in guns and ammo Thermal scopes etc etc stole from a storage unit. I got 2K insurance money lol I still cry about that not even the money the actual stuff tons of it is to hard to replace. People just suck ass.

thank you, sorry to hear about your guns. That **** is important

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yea my insurance sounds like they are going after theirs
Im late to the thread. I work in insurance for 25 years. Sounds like you already called your insurance. That is the way to handle it. Notify your company, and it is their duty to handle all aspects of the claim, not yours. They will subrogate against the dealership on your behalf. It doesnt change the fact that your ride is gone, but takes some the run around off your shoulders. Sorry to hear this. I bought mine at that dealer. they used to have quite the inventory, but no more

·
Registered
22 Posts
Aweful! Had my first one stolen in under a minute - we have some good posts on preventive measures … kill Switch, etc… I also threw back Thursday to using the club .., steering wheel lock …. Even when grocery shopping … not fool proof but solid .. they took my first one in under a minute… the club adds time as they have to saw through it or the steering wheel
Hey there... my first hawk was stolen... posted that here before... NOW THEY TRIED TO GET MY SECOND HAWK... rear passenger side window broken... like the first... but this time, they did not get it... why? I have the club on the steering wheel... they would need to saw the club or the wheel which would make noise and alert us and the dogs.. probably not in that order... anyhow... my keys are now in a Farraday box, but that means nothing because they do not need the key. Interesting to note: they brake the passenger side rear window... (does anyone know that significance?)... then they do the remote start .. upon accessing the vehicle, i noted that the 'press button to start' was displaying just as if I had pushed remote start with the key. So now i have to replace the rear window and tint but I have a car left in the driveway. 90s stuff works... get the club and put it on. i even put it on at the grocery... it takes 2 seconds to deploy. super easy... but it does drive a wedge in their plans... electronics seem to not be a preventative.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts