Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Trackhawk owners:
I hear many times (too many) TH are stolen.
I thought the key SKIM system was supposed to be great but apparently not so good if TH lost off dealer lot.
Ignition bypass is not secure from a good thief.
So what is the best security system (aside from your locked garage).?
I would really like to know who has used the Cyclops module or fuel pump shut off or simply a kill switch and avoided loosing their TH.?
Or is the security a psychological ploy to make the owner feel safer when it's all an illusion..
I hear that a thief who wants your TH or my TH can simply take it, if there is opportunity and he drives it away.
If the thief come with a tow-truck, we loose the car but otherwise, who has actually saved their TH from the thief.??and how did you do it.? with what device.? Help us out please.
So what is the best TH theft deterrent?
Thanks,
KennyG
I

·
Registered
51 Posts
A number of folks swear by Ravelco.

·
Registered
446 Posts
While the idea of Ravelco is sound, the execution leaves alot to be desired. Since Covid it is getting worse to find quality work or products anywhere. BTW you can buy Ravelco for $100 and just install yourself. I just discovered the Cyclops TAM recently. Anybody heard of it or tried it? Of course these devices just duplicate what a kill switch does...

·
Registered
70 Posts
the best thing to do is to disable starting the engine in a way thats not publicly posted. Hundreds of different ways to do that.

·
Registered
51 Posts
But the company has a reputation for damaging your vehicle and walking away. They cost me $1500 in damages, plus it’s ugly.
Holy $hit! There are so many threads here about them and working well, but never knew about this.

·
Registered
189 Posts
If theft is a concern then debadge, cover the VIN with a CD or something, put in a kill switch on the red wire that goes to the start button. add a fake obd2 port and use a farraday pouch.

·
Registered
189 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thanks to this forum the thieves will know how to defeat all the security systems.

Just have good insurance and don't cry when it's gone now.

the old saying: "Loose lips sink ships"

·
Registered
446 Posts
The mods and devices for preventing the stealing of vehicles is not just for our platform of vehicle. There is nothing listed here that I haven't seen on every other car forum for theft prevention.

Reactions: PBGas

·
Super Moderator
1,458 Posts
all these gadgets wont work when someone sticks a gun in your face. If they want it they gonna get it. Just have insurance from a legit company be smart where you leave it. Id assume everyone that owns a TH owns a house with a garage? thats half the battle although they can brake in your house also. lol I go back to if they want it they will get it. have insurance good insurance

·
Registered
189 Posts
A guy I know with a regular car had a gun put to his face at an inner city intersection.
He cranked the wheel towards the perp and booted the car knocking the perp to the ground as he took off.

·
Registered
2018 ivory tri coat trackhawk
50 Posts
Run a hidden kill switch directly to the starter wire. This will take the obd port, starter button kill switch and vin problem out of the equation. They would have to find the hidden switch. You could hide it extremely well if you got one that worked off a remote. That way it could be hidden in an inaccessible location. I think that would cover everything but the flatbed and car jacking issues.

·
Registered
2021 Trackhawk
4 Posts
Try searching something called an IGLA pin-code system. Had this installed on my TH and works great. You do have to get it installed professionally I believe is the only way of obtaining one. I don’t ever picture my car being stolen after having this installed. Perfect video explaining how the IGLA pincode works can be found below by the shop that installed mine.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Run a hidden kill switch directly to the starter wire. This will take the obd port, starter button kill switch and vin problem out of the equation. They would have to find the hidden switch. You could hide it extremely well if you got one that worked off a remote. That way it could be hidden in an inaccessible location. I think that would cover everything but the flatbed and car jacking issues.
I would just like to say that besides the OBD port, thieves can still interface with the vehicle to program key fobs or start the vehicle. Any vehicle with a CAN Bus system can be hacked anywhere on their network.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I like that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Trackhawk owners:
I hear many times (too many) TH are stolen.
I thought the key SKIM system was supposed to be great but apparently not so good if TH lost off dealer lot.
Ignition bypass is not secure from a good thief.
So what is the best security system (aside from your locked garage).?
I would really like to know who has used the Cyclops module or fuel pump shut off or simply a kill switch and avoided loosing their TH.?
Or is the security a psychological ploy to make the owner feel safer when it's all an illusion..
I hear that a thief who wants your TH or my TH can simply take it, if there is opportunity and he drives it away.
If the thief come with a tow-truck, we loose the car but otherwise, who has actually saved their TH from the thief.??and how did you do it.? with what device.? Help us out please.
So what is the best TH theft deterrent?
Thanks,
KennyG
I
My TH was actually stolen in Dallas in November and I recovered it myself with a hidden GPS system that I had installed in the vehicle after attempted theft last Summer. The system is LinkR LT.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts