Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 trackhawk
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone recently purchased any drag radials? Nittos or mickeys?? Trying to see what’s new out there to run on the streets. Looking to buy a set soon.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have tried many different over the years. In my opinion, the Mickey Thompson drag radials still delivers the best performance. I have a set of 20s all the way around on a spare set of wheels for my Trackhawk. If Nitto would add a 305/3522 size to their 555r2 lineup, I would add those to my 22 wheel setup.

·
Registered
18 trackhawk
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have tried many different over the years. In my opinion, the Mickey Thompson drag radials still delivers the best performance. I have a set of 20s all the way around on a spare set of wheels for my Trackhawk. If Nitto would add a 305/3522 size to their 555r2 lineup, I would add those to my 22 wheel setup.
What kind of mickeys?

·
Super Moderator
1,249 Posts
you say street racing tires. do you mean me and you at the light and we decide to race or an actual set up race where we will do burn out and then get flagged to start?
none of the drag radials will be worth a **** if they are not warmed up.
I always get confused when people say street racing. what do they actually mean?
for a real race where you can prepare I would run the NT05s or the Mickeys I never ran any mickeys but everyone that goes to the track is running them so I assume they must be better not sure there?
for just being on the street and pulling up next to someone I would run the pilot super sports (this what I have on my 22s and think they are great)

side note the numbers are not adding up going to 17s or 18s and bigger better tires they seem to be braking parts but no faster 60 times not sure how that happens but so far that is what I see people reporting

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had great success with Nitto 555R's on my 740 whp CTS-V that I took on Drag Week for 6 years. They have the best tread pattern for getting caught in the rain and last the longest.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You can't beat Nitro 555Rs for everyday street use. They're nice and sticky in summer weather and will still get you home in the rain. It's all I used to run on my RWDs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts