Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if anyone has experienced this or if there is already a post but this happened to me just now. I’ve had all the recalls performed on my Trackhawk including the computer update for cruise control.

This morning the temp was only 68 so I did a quick 0-60 run to check the time. I let off the gas at about 65mph and the throttle was still completely down on the floor. I immediately put my foot hard on the brake and the Trackhawk was still trying to power through the brakes. I was getting ready to throw the vehicle in neutral when the accelerator pedal finally released.

Wow!! I don’t scare too often but this was bad. My floormat was not crinkled and did not get hung up on accelerator. I will notify FCA and my service manager to see if they have a fix. And if they don’t at least it will be documented.

Now that I look back it took about 2 seconds for the pedal to release once I was off the gas. That is a lot of time. I wonder if this happens again and for any reason the pedal is not released if the Trackhawk will allow you to throw it in neutral. I hope so.

·
Super Moderator
2,514 Posts
Yup, the transmission and throttle body are not related. I bet there’s a corrosion issue or something similar somewhere along that electronic throttle cable.

Glad u pulled through, I bet that wakes u up better than coffee.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup, the transmission and throttle body are not related. I bet there’s a corrosion issue or something similar somewhere along that electronic throttle cable.

Glad u pulled through, I bet that wakes u up better than coffee.
Thanks man! Hell yeah it woke me up. It goes to Jeep next week and if they cannot find the issue the service manager told me he would open up a “STAR” case.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I’ve left everything stock on the Trackhawk except Cold Air Intake. Do you think the stock chrome pedal is grabbing the carpet?
Dan its possible, mine came into the dealer without the chrome things installed they were in a little box direct from factory. I've not installed them yet as I heard of this throttle sticking thing. After looking at them they have tabs on the back that could be causing this. Check it out.

·
Registered
96 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
113 Posts
Posted this on the other thread about stuck pedal.... Went by the dealer today and he had not heard about a floor mat recall so he looked it up. Sure enough there is. He checked on the replacement mat and said ETA was Feb 19! WTH!! Seems like Jeep would make this a high priority since this could be a major lawsuit when a TH ends up in the back seat of Ford. I have a set of Weather Tech mats I had in my 2017 GCSRT. Wonder if they would interfere with the go pedal? Also thinking about cutting out a piece of the floor mat below the pedal..

·
Registered
582 Posts
Be curious to see the difference between the new and old mat.

I’d have to imagine any after market mat is going to be very similar to what’s in there now, if not identical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
I went to the garage to look at my mat. I don't see how the mat would cause this issue. I held the pedal down with my finger and the pedal does not touch the mat. Looks closer in the picture than it actually is. Are others TH mats cut like this?
TNCHARGER I did the same thing you did and find it hard to believe that the mat is causing this. Is this happening only when using launch control for the 0-60 runs?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts