Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ask some silly questions but this is by far the silliest for me. my sunglasses dont fit in the sunglass holder. I have Oakleys and a big head but anyone else have that problem or are my glasses just to big? they have fit in all other cars/trucks.
where else can they be stored with out having to go in a case?
I know I wont even get upset if you guys flame over this question but I need my glasses and i need them safe.

having the stupid Bluray player kills off all storage in this lil SUV. I think thats my only complaint in the TH is storage for simple things like Water - glasses and phone.
the cup holder holds my phone and kind takes over the second holder also they are so close and the door holder wont hold the blender bottle either I might have to go back to lil baby water bottles? anyways sidetracked where do you put glasses?

I made fun of a bunch of guys in a ZR1 (vette forum) awhile back when they first came out. only threads posted where things like what seat cleaner to use and whats the best floor mats ect. so karma may hit me back

·
Registered
15 Posts
My big chunky oakleys fit the WK1 overhead console storage easily. In the WK2 they fit but only if I put them in one of two ways. 1. The lens pressed against the foam or 2. if i turn them upside down and face the lens out. The second way is so awkward so even though they fit better I just usually stuff them in with lens facing foam. I only use them for driving and the lenses are not scratched after all these years of doing this.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Yes, this takes a special way to get the Oakleys to fit. I coach HS baseball... so I am always toting them around. lenses down, but with the nose relief facing back towards the console is the only way for them to fit easily. I tried lenses up to no avail, and if I have the nose relief facing the windshield, it doesn't work either.

Attachments

Reactions: ROCKETW19

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ill try both ways.
I have tried putting them in lenses facing the foam but I never pressed them hard. ill try that also but i think they are to thick (wrap around style)

the lenses facing down I admit I didnt try but i will do that also. thanks for picture and reply's. i know its a silly question but sunglasses are important to me I need them with me all the time specially when driving. thanks guys

·
Registered
412 Posts
Ill try both ways.
I have tried putting them in lenses facing the foam but I never pressed them hard. ill try that also but i think they are to thick (wrap around style)

the lenses facing down I admit I didnt try but i will do that also. thanks for picture and reply's. i know its a silly question but sunglasses are important to me I need them with me all the time specially when driving. thanks guys
I don't think its a silly question. I had a '15 GC SRT and had to try several different ways to get my Oakley's to fit. The '18 TH has the same console as the other WK2s, so I knew it would work, but it took a few tries to get it right.

Reactions: ROCKETW19

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't think its a silly question. I had a '15 GC SRT and had to try several different ways to get my Oakley's to fit. The '18 TH has the same console as the other WK2s, so I knew it would work, but it took a few tries to get it right.
I was thinking your way would work but nope neither way will work. putting lenses towards the foam and pushing comes so close but they pop right out when i let go. they are a wrap around style and thats messing everything up. i guess i will have to buy the silly holder that clips to the sun visor.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yah i have no idea why Chrysler shrunk that overhead console. Just another one to add to the bizarre decision list for the WK2. It was designed during/after the financial crisis so I think they made a bunch of weird decisions to shave like a 1000 bucks off the cost to build the platform.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts