21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·

·
Registered
76 Posts
I just installed one myself and agree on what you are saying. You can really tell a difference. I was in Mexico last night and did some digs and rolls. From a dig it dead hooked and was nasty in a good way. I did have to go and set up my custom settings in drive mode though.
Nice!!! Were you using Launch control or just foot-braking with some throttle? Either way should have activated the suspension launch.

STL20 TH/SpeedRacer333 have either of you tried launch control and if so, any difference?
Did either of you do the initial setup, or whatever it's called?

Mine arrives tomorrow afternoon and I'm pumped!
Ha! I remember you asking for this on the other forum when it was announced for the cars! Glad you are still around.

I have not had a chance to try the new suspension LC yet but sounds like STL20 likes it! And I have not tried the zero travel calibration. From watching the DSC Sport how-to videos, the travel sensors show live data in the data-logger of the controller. I could not find any parameter related to travel when I ran the data-logger. I am assuming the SRT cars have actual ride-height travel sensors at all 4 corners, and not the same as the 2 headlight level sensors that we have?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Just a couple questions that have been swirling around my brain:

1. Will this new DiabloSport cause faster wear and tear on the OEM suspension parts. I just think that "tweaking" the settings "might" cause faster wear and tear. ( I guess time will tell )
2. Which would be better to install, the DiabloSport or BWoody suspension kit? This is in regards to increasing the HP and Torque.
3. Putting the installation labor for the BWoody suspension kit aside, from what I can find the cost of the two is almost the same. Again I am thinking in regards to increasing HP and Torque.

I like the idea of the simple install of the DiabloSport but from I can find the BWoody will do "almost" the same thing and the BWoody appears to be stronger then OEM.

·
Registered
170 Posts

1. Will this new DiabloSport cause faster wear and tear on the OEM suspension parts. I just think that "tweaking" the settings "might" cause faster wear and tear. ( I guess time will tell )
2. Which would be better to install, the DiabloSport or BWoody suspension kit? This is in regards to increasing the HP and Torque.
3. Putting the installation labor for the BWoody suspension kit aside, from what I can find the cost of the two is almost the same. Again I am thinking in regards to increasing HP and Torque.

I like the idea of the simple install of the DiabloSport but from I can find the BWoody will do "almost" the same thing and the BWoody appears to be stronger then OEM.
I doubt it.
Putting lowering springs will cause more stress on the factory shocks than anything else.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I doubt it.
Putting lowering springs will cause more stress on the factory shocks than anything else.
per the web page, no lowering of springs is included. Besides I really don’t want lowered springs just improved suspension performance that can handle increased HP and Torque.

KIT INCLUDES:
  • BWoody Upgraded Swaybar Links : Click HERE for details.
  • Bwoody Rear Control Arms (your choice)
  • BWoody Upgraded Toe Arms : Click HERE for details.
  • BWoody Differential Brace : Click HERE for details.
  • X2 SPC Camber Kits : Click HERE for details.

Tool Yellow Font Automotive lighting Rectangle

Reactions: PBGas

·
Registered
170 Posts
I would love to get the TBA tow arms but they won't fit with the oversized Eibach sway bar that I have on mine. I wonder if the BWoody toe arms would fit? Have to check more into this.

Either way, all of that stuff will definitely improve your vehicle to handle the power a bit better. I'd opt for a different differential brace though....

Either the TBA unit:
Trackhawk Diff Brace

or this one, which is quite nice:
DIRS-J for Jeep SRT/Trackhawk and Durango SRT/Hellcat (2015 & newer) | website

·
Registered
12 Posts
5:15 pm and UPS finally shows up - TH has battery disconnected and seats forward already.

As no one else has mentioned it, I'll be the first on the difficulty getting those slide to the side connectors off and on. The BIG one on the left took forever to remove, while the small one on the right went smoothly. Putting them back in place on DS, the big one went smoothly and the small one took forever! As I've found on many projects, it's finding the correct combination of swear words that works!

My TH has the 4 season run flats, AND I run them at 40 psi as recommended by the shop that lowered the rear so that the vehicle sits level front to rear. 24k and tires are wearing even, so the higher pressure seems to be working for me. It's noticeable in the ride, but I use to have a Miata GT and this is smooooooooooth in comparison.

On the initial test ride, I did not notice much of a difference during normal driving. Where the hell is that magic carpet ride?

However, start getting aggressive and there's a BIG difference. Hard braking with NO nose dive, corners at get a ticket speed with NO lean. All this while in auto mode..... have yet to try sport, track or launch. THIS is what I wanted! The DS suspension controller is a confidence builder for me. Go get 'em Rol :D

To all the folks who installed this unit and gave your testimony, I thank you for your input and time.

·
Registered
76 Posts

I agree with PBGas, I don't think the new controller will cause faster wear. It could be similar to manually switching from street mode to sport or track more frequently. Time will tell how the electromechanical shock adjusters hold up.

The Diablosport is intelligently working the shocks to provide usable optimal performance in all drive modes, also adding suspension launch mode. But not really adding performance of what the oem shock can already provide (track mode). But if you are wanting to beef up the suspension hardware, then the suspension kit is the way to go.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I did not use launch control on the dig. I just foot braked it. I do need to try launch control at some point. I will say it feels way more planted than before with the new controller.

·
Registered
12 Posts
two days later status;

City and freeway in normal non-spirited driving, the DS esc is firmer in all drive modes. With a couple hours seat time today, I dislike the firmness in Auto mode. Sport is worse, and Track will loosen fillings. I am going to lower air pressure to spec.'s to see if that calms things down and when the Pirelli scorpion verde need replacing I will go non run flat. Heavy throttle and it feels firmly planted and I'm all smiles.

I did notice something odd today - a section of freeway I drove through has ruts, worn grooves, whatever you wish to call them. With the stock esc my TH never even noticed them. Today with the DS, it did. Nothing dramatic, it was just I could feel them, which is a first since feb. 2018. It could be as mentioned above that I am now getting much more driver feedback with the DS esc.

Took it to the track today and was going to try out launch control, but got rained out.

All in all, no buyers remorse!

·
Registered
508 Posts
I love your feedback and I am sure other owners are curious and/or on the fence with this.

·
Registered
76 Posts
two days later status;

City and freeway in normal non-spirited driving, the DS esc is firmer in all drive modes. With a couple hours seat time today, I dislike the firmness in Auto mode. Sport is worse, and Track will loosen fillings. I am going to lower air pressure to spec.'s to see if that calms things down and when the Pirelli scorpion verde need replacing I will go non run flat. Heavy throttle and it feels firmly planted and I'm all smiles.

I did notice something odd today - a section of freeway I drove through has ruts, worn grooves, whatever you wish to call them. With the stock esc my TH never even noticed them. Today with the DS, it did. Nothing dramatic, it was just I could feel them, which is a first since feb. 2018. It could be as mentioned above that I am now getting much more driver feedback with the DS esc.

Took it to the track today and was going to try out launch control, but got rained out.

All in all, no buyers remorse!
Auto mode switches to Sport firmness in the background when you exceed 0.25 G's in any direction or exceed 65/70mph. I modified the firmness adder in the speed setting tab to keep her locked in street mode until a higher mph.

Can't wait to see your feedback after some track runs. But I'm still confused, old-school racers and the Dodge Demon uses the firmest rear shock setting and the softest front shock rebound setting for optimal weight transfer. They say "squat" (compressing rear springs) is wasting/delaying force applied to the rear tire to surface contact. The default Diablosport setting is front and rear full soft in all drive modes.

Reactions: Double G and rolly

·
Registered
12 Posts
I lowered the tire pressure to 32psi and went for a drive. SUCCESS....!!! rides smooth in auto, sport is sporty, and track is OK, LET'S GO! heavy throttle is still firmly planted and with giggles (y)

Thanks for the further explanation on the auto to sport firmness - didn't really understand WHY it was done in original reading, now it is clear. By the way, silver w/ruby red also.
Car Vehicle Plant Tire Grille

For my track visits, my custom mode is all street except for Track trans and 50/50 AWD. I tried auto, sport and track and seem to do the best in custom. Nothing spectacular as vehicle is stock, but 11:60's in the cool and 11:80's in the heat. The biggy (I believe) is the 50/50. My TH no longer spins the rears in this mode at a launch.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I want to point out that my hopes and expectations are better handling, not necessarily better track times. If track results are better that's icing on the cake. I only go to the track a couple times a year. I had to lane change abruptly @ 70mph to avoid a collision in the TH once, and I thought it was going over on it's top! I am hoping that if something like that ever happens again, the TH will be firmly planted and give me more confidence as I go through whatever tactics are needed to keep us both in good shape.

·
Registered
12 Posts
performance pages, timers:
1500 rpm, launch control, track mode - let off throttle 65ish
Car Vehicle Automotive design Personal luxury car Auto part

Telephony Gadget Communication Device Audio equipment Telephone

performance pages, timers:
1500 rpm, foot brake, track mode let off throttle around 65

21 - 38 of 38 Posts