Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just off the phone with Diablo Sport tech.: Jonathon says to disconnect battery and it should reset the unit. He further states that end users are NOT suppose to access the controller and make any changes. The further I get into this, the more confused I am getting.

NOW - after disconnecting the battery, the only way I can tell if the controller has re-set is to connect up the DSC software and look to see if I can view the settings?! <-- which according to DS and DSC, I am not suppose to do. WHY AM I CONFUSED?

SR333 - sure am anxious to hear what/how you did changes.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The saga continues :
I called DSC over my controller problem, and found out per Tom that my unit is frozen up due to me using DSC software. Tom says the DSC software is NOT meant to communicate with the Diablo sport unit, it takes DS software ONLY. DSC says they make the unit for DS and that he understands the frozen problem and will fix it if I send it to them paying postage both ways. I believe what Tom is telling me, but am confused over how I could view all settings using DSC software if it's NOT suppose to work????

I therefore must "assume" that speedracer333 used DS software to make his changes.

Hopefully this will assist any of you contemplating making changes in your controller. DO NOT ACCESS DS SUSPENSION CONTROLLER VIA DSC SOFTWARE!
Yeah, sorry Rolly. Even though DSC makes the module for DS, there is some sort of fence between the products. More confusing, the hellcat cars can purchase either the DS branded module or the DSC branded module. Those that purchased the DS module would eventually lock the controller after 3 writes using DSC software, requiring them to send the module back to DS to reset.

Yes I am using the DS software. It is not as powerful (missing the g-force tab) but still useful. What is weird is that I actually tried to do a read on my module using DSC software and it would not even connect. Interesting you were able to.

Just off the phone with Diablo Sport tech.: Jonathon says to disconnect battery and it should reset the unit. He further states that end users are NOT suppose to access the controller and make any changes. The further I get into this, the more confused I am getting.

NOW - after disconnecting the battery, the only way I can tell if the controller has re-set is to connect up the DSC software and look to see if I can view the settings?! <-- which according to DS and DSC, I am not suppose to do. WHY AM I CONFUSED?

SR333 - sure am anxious to hear what/how you did changes.
DSC is the brains behind this baby. DS seems reluctant when it comes to making changes as they may not have the support to go down this path. The DS software is available to download through request, Mike Litsch. The software has really good help files explaining each parameter.

Reactions: rolly

·
Registered
27 Posts
THANK YOU MUCH SR333 (y)(y)(y)

I have sent a request to DS, attn. Mike Litsch asking for the software download. I will wait until getting it before I disconnect battery and try a re-set myself, and then use the "correct" software to see if I can "read" files again.

Fortunately, everything seems to be working fine and in DS settings, auto/sport/track in it's locked up mode. If disconnecting the battery does not re-set the controller, I may just say to hell with it and leave it as is as I am 99% happy. Sure wanted that smooth ride up to 80 mph though =)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Just ordered mine today! Looking forward to it! I'm just using it as is for some better handling. I'm not interesting in modifying what is already modified. Thx for all of the updates, gents!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I sent this email to DS:
Part Number: DS1000
Software Revision: no idea
Description: ATTENTION MIKE LITSCH;
I am requesting the DS software download for the suspension controller, please.
TIA, Roland

I got this in return:
If updates are available, you will use the Update Agent 1.0 software, found here:

I do not believe DS is going to share this software..... I responded back in more detail, but I'm starting to believe that this is going nowhere. SR333 YOU may end up being the only person outside of DS to have the software

It is really not that big of a deal if they do not share, as I'm pretty pleased with the product as it is, but...... I was anxious to see using the DS software if my controller is locked up or just won't access the DCS software anymore.

To the majority of you, this may not be of importance at the moment. But after some serious seat time, you may come to find something you would like to refine further down the road. I'll post final results when I hear from DS again.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I appreciate all the input on this device, but I think I'll cross this mod off my list. If I can't have full control of it I don't think I need it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
DS says this:
Please note, if the software or settings are changed on the DS1000, we are not liable for anything that may occur, and the warranty of the device is void.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yeah, use Mike's direct email i sent. The regular DS tech support chain for this product needs tech support. DS and DSC philosophy are complete opposite when it comes to user-adjustments. I would have gone DSC, but unfortunately they do not certify or test their module for use on the Trackhawk. The DS software is the DSC software, minus the g-force tab, and keyed (no lock-outs making changes) to the DS module.

·
Registered
'18 Rhino | Red Laguna
77 Posts
Sifted through the thread, but maybe I missed it.

Does anybody know if this controller works with lowering springs? I have Eibach SEs as of now.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Philth - found this on one of the Porsche sites;

If your car's ride height is lowered and you have DSC, you should definitely zero the ride height sensors to the lowered ride height. Otherwise the system will think the car's suspension is in compression all the time. This procedure is called "Zero Travel". It is incredibly simple to do-
1. Connect your PC to DSC using a USB-to-mini cable
2. Turn your car's ignition ON to power up the factory ride height sensors
3. Open the DSC Tuning Software (available from www.dscsport.com if you don't already have it)
4. Go to "File" > "Vehicle Type" > select "9x1
5. Go to "Settings" > "Zero Travel"
6. Go to "Tools" > "Reset Board"
Done!

As you are aware from posts above, we don't have access to do so.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Finally got around to putting mine on today! Took me about 15 minutes total.
The secret to getting the locking clips off it to slide the tab and pull them on a 45 degree out and upward. Came off and went back on super easily.

The unit itself is quite a bit shorter than that stock control unit. I ended up tapping in a small flat head screw into the plastic to make sure it stays in place.

As soon as I started drive I could completely tell the difference. It is like a new Jeep now. I love the handling and how it changes while you drive and how fast you drive. It's hard to explain. Before, I would feel a disconnect from the road at times, especially when going through bumpy areas at slower speeds. Now, it just seems so much better.

Fantastic and well spent $$$!
Thx for all here for the updates!

·
Registered
'18 Rhino | Red Laguna
77 Posts
Finally got around to putting mine on today! Took me about 15 minutes total.
The secret to getting the locking clips off it to slide the tab and pull them on a 45 degree out and upward. Came off and went back on super easily.

The unit itself is quite a bit shorter than that stock control unit. I ended up tapping in a small flat head screw into the plastic to make sure it stays in place.

As soon as I started drive I could completely tell the difference. It is like a new Jeep now. I love the handling and how it changes while you drive and how fast you drive. It's hard to explain. Before, I would feel a disconnect from the road at times, especially when going through bumpy areas at slower speeds. Now, it just seems so much better.

Fantastic and well spent $$$!
Thx for all here for the updates!
Are you lowered, by chance?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am curious if anyone with the DS controller installed has done any video of braking/cornering in action? I know what it feels like from the drivers seat, am curious if it's as firm to onlookers as it is to my butt?

A BIG thanks to speedracer333 for all the assistance in getting/using the DS software. I have decided to go along with the stock programming, and not make changes as I find nothing so far that is objectionable. I believe DSC did a great job in programming for the TH and am going along with that.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Been following this thread as I am a suspension nerd that's used to running dual adjustable Koni Sport shocks on my other vehicles to achieve the performance I am looking for. I love my Eibach lowered Hawk with BWoody suspension links, the Eibach rear anti sway bar and wider 305 tires, however I feel the shock calibration options are not as optimized as they could be thus my interest here in a DSC controller.

I would like to have all the software tuning options for my Hawk and use the DSC software vs having to use the limited feature DS software and only able to flash setting changes 3 times before controller lockout. Since the Challenger/Charger community has the option to buy a suspension controller from either DSC or DS ( and as since DSC makes the DS controller anyway) I can't understand why our Hawks are limited to just Diablosport for a suspension controller option.

I emailed DSC asking if they will offer a controller for the TrackHawk but never received a reply on my inquiry.

Anyone have any inside information about a TrackHawk controller comming from DSC in the future or a direct email to Mike Litsch who may be able to answer this question?

·
Premium Member
2019, Jeep, Trackhawk, Granite Crystal
333 Posts
Double G, I am in the same boat as you. I would to have the option to tune the suspension exactly to my liking. I find the suspension a little to harsh when in comfort/auto, and the lack of active adjustment when going through the twisties. I am more of a fan for the DSC module because their tune is for circuits not drag. Let me know what emails you have or find out so I can email them also. Maybe with a group effort we can get a DSC tuned suspension module.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Vanquish, are you running the stock springs and run flat tires? With my Mopar Eibach lowering springs I don't find the auto setting harsh at all. Actually quite the opposite as my Hawk rides comfy in auto mode and is a little too soft with excessive body roll in quick lane change maneuvers for my tastes. My 22" Michelin Pilot Sport tires are non run flat and ride much more comfortable than the OEM run flat 3 season Pirelli tires which may possibly be the difference in our opinions.

I have been watching the g-force gauge while cornering lately and my conclusion is I would like the highway ride comfort of auto mode just going straight down the road. But also with the instant firmness of Sport or Track mode when cornering at anything from .20G ‐.25G and higher.

I think this sounds like how these "active" suspension controllers operate from reading testimonials posted from other's. I just want the ability to use the DSC software to fine tune this transition from soft to firm shock settings based on G-force and speed.

·
Premium Member
2019, Jeep, Trackhawk, Granite Crystal
333 Posts
Vanquish, are you running the stock springs and run flat tires? With my Mopar Eibach lowering springs I don't find the auto setting harsh at all. Actually quite the opposite as my Hawk rides comfy in auto mode and is a little too soft with excessive body roll in quick lane change maneuvers for my tastes. My 22" Michelin Pilot Sport tires are non run flat and ride much more comfortable than the OEM run flat 3 season Pirelli tires which may possibly be the difference in our opinions.

I have been watching the g-force gauge while cornering lately and my conclusion is I would like the highway ride comfort of auto mode just going straight down the road. But also with the instant firmness of Sport or Track mode when cornering at anything from .20G ‐.25G and higher.

I think this sounds like how these "active" suspension controllers operate from reading testimonials posted from other's. I just want the ability to use the DSC software to fine tune this transition from soft to firm shock settings based on G-force and speed.
I have not changed anything so far on my TH except for tires and front brake pads. I put the Hankooks S1 evo3, much better than the stock P-zeros. I am in the process of gathering info and start ordering parts to begin modding my TH so it all can be installed in one go. I hate not having my TH up and running because of how much fun it is to drive.
The DSC controller atracted my attention for the exact reason you wrote. These things should have come with active suspension to begin with. I can get the TH to just go over 1g when cornering, but I have to be harder on the brakes to be able to setup for the next corner. When the TH loads its suspension it will take that corner at extreme speed, its just that unloading and reloading phase where the TH seems loose and creates a rubber band feeling.
For me at the moment, my suspension is to harsh in auto mode, it makes a long drive a bit unpleasant at times. I want to lower it, but I drive it in the winter a lot too. The risk of getting the TH suspended is just to high. I am waiting on an answer from bilstein for a 4 corner speed bump lift kit. If the answer is positive then I will lower it, and whenever I need the clearance I will have it at a push of the button.
I don’t want to bag it because I do not like most vehicles with airbags in them. I have had landcruisers most of my life, the 100 and 200 series have hydraulic suspension. Nothing is plusher than a hydraulic setup.

41 - 60 of 82 Posts