Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
then I will lower it, and whenever I need the clearance I will have it at a push of the button. <-- WOW, how cool would that be?! I like the lowered TH looks, but drive mine year round and did not want to push snow with the front splitter! 👍

I would like the highway ride comfort of auto mode just going straight down the road. But also with the instant firmness of Sport or Track mode when cornering at anything from .20G ‐.25G and higher. <-- If/when I ever make changes, this is exactly what I was going (and still may) do! 👍

Thanks for the input guys

·
Premium Member
2019, Jeep, Trackhawk, Granite Crystal
333 Posts
KW HLS 4 is one kit which can raise the vehicle 45mm.

the DCS on the challengers does exactly what is requested by us. Soft when not needed, then it turns up the dial when steering angle and g sensor kick in. At least that is what I understood from what I read.

·
Registered
'18 Rhino | Red Laguna
77 Posts
I just spoke to Diablosport. No need to adjust suspension settings if your lowered. Plug and Play.
Interesting. The guy I spoke to said DCS needs to adjust things. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Btsrt

·
Registered
236 Posts
Does anyone have feedback from DCS? I am really not into the DiabloSport setup file.
I have been researching these controllers and have not got a response from DSC about releasing a TrackHawk controller under their branding. However I did learn of some interesting information that maybe huge for us TrackHawk owners wanting to use the DSC software for tuning. 😉

I inquired as to how a Diablosport DS1000 suspension controller for a HellCat Challenger can have the same DS1000 part number for the TrackHawk and Durango HellCat suspension controller with different software tuning from Diablosport? Well...... they don't as the software tuning is all the same file, nothing specific about it for Trackhawk or Durango suspension controllers.🤔

So ..... in theory if all Diablosport DS1000 controllers have the same suspension software settings then one could reason a DSC branded controller for a HellCat Challenger could be purchased and installed in a TrackHawk then adjusted using DSC branded controller software. 🤫

I have not personally tryed this yet, but when I raised this question I was told "my logic was sound". 😉

We just need to find someone with a DSC Challenger controller who can swap it into their Hawk and give it a try. 🙂

·
Registered
236 Posts
This seems reasonable as I downloaded both the DSC and Diablosport software to compare each and the only vehicle model to choose from that is Mopar specific is a HellCat or a Viper. There is no TrackHawk/Durango HellCat option in the Diablosport software to choose from. 😉

Font Rectangle Gadget Parallel Technology

After comparing the software differences they are the same just with important tabs/options removed in the Diablosport version. Even when comparing the Help screens on each software they are the same, the Diablosport version still references tabs and options that have been removed and only found on the DSC software version. Apparently DS didn't proofread the help screens much after limiting options from "their version".🤦‍♂️

I really want the DSC software tuning option as the Diablosport software is too limiting IMO. We need access to the DSC G-force "tab" and specifically the G-force Comfort Parameters to control how the suspension feels on the highway for comfort and then how quickly it can respond or firm up for increased G-force such as when cornering or quick lane changes if you must swerve to avoid an obstacle on the road. This section is where you would make the adjustments and not found on the Diablosport software unfortunately.

Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Slope

·
Registered
27 Posts
GREAT detective work GG!

I wondered when going into DS software, why TrackHawk or Durango wasn't a choice. Was told by DS that it reads the vin, and sets itself up automatically. Still mildly confused over everything being the same as Challenger, yet the TH is 1100 lbs. heavier?

FOR SALE:
low mileage, slightly used DiabloSport GOLD active suspension controller, from a non-smoking environment, engineered specifically for Jeep Grand Cherokee TrackHawk. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yes, the recent information in suspension controllers has been quite enlightening. Diablosport should be given some credit here though as they were the only ones interested in testing the controller on a SUV, so we should be thankful they did or the possibility for a dynamic suspension controller for our TrackHawks would not have come available. 🙂

·
Registered
236 Posts
I know the OEM suspension hardware is capable of greater performance with a more intelligent controller. The Dodge/Jeep system is almost binary as in on or off between each setting and quite outdated compared to what other brands like Chevy, Ford and Porsche offer. Just installing a dynamic suspension controller whould likely make the whole system so much more effective even without tuning options. The controller tuning fundamentals implemented are solid and I can see how it will work well for both cars and SUVs as is even with a weight difference in the vehicle platforms as the suspension inputs are based on G-force amounts and rate of changes to the input sensors (steering, throttle, braking, etc.)

The concept of independent damping control based on driver input and g-force load dependency makes total sense and has been proven already on other platforms. I have been studying the software differences for each controller to see if I really have a need for the G-force tab or not.

My hunch is I would have no need to change the actual G-force cell percentages for each shock in the square cell matrix. I'm more interested in the ability to change the G-Comfort parameters found at the bottom of the G-force tab to achieve the desired feel of the suspension. If Diablosport software had this feature (or will be adding it soon) I would already be sold on their controller.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Speedracer333 did the comfort change in SPEED, EDIT CELL for comfort at each speed setting up to 100. He lowered edit cell significantly. I was going to change mine at 70/80, but have decided to hold off due to the 3 strikes and your out rule. Plus, the 75mph feeling is noticeable, but not objectionable. I just tell myself when there, that it's the gold box doing what it is suppose to do. I am still considering lowering SPEED G-LOAD THRESHOLD from 0.30 to 0.25, for the quick lane change. BUT, if I were to make changes now, what's it going to be like when I go non run flat. Would I have any strikes left?????

Even with NO changes on DS controller, I am happy! A positive difference over the factory controller. So yes, a thumb up for DS (y)

Good insight GG, thanks for sharing! check 'ur PM

·
Registered
236 Posts
I say give it a go and try it. You should not be running out of strikes/changes with your Diablosport controller and their software.

I asked Diablosport directly if it is still true that the Diablosport controller and software will "lock you out" after changing and saving different settings 3 times? Or has this changed to unlimited changes?

The response back was ....You only get locked out if you use their software with our controller. Using only our version of software with our controller is fine.

·
Registered
236 Posts
The speed tab is one place for changes but I'm interested more in the G-force tab found only in the DSC software. Particularly interested in the G Comfort Parameters box as it determines ride comfort when there is little to no G-force load, the default rate setting of the shocks and the shocks sensitivity known as rate of change setting.

Font Handwriting Paper Paper product Document

·
Registered
27 Posts
A BIG thank you to Double G for the "gentle nudge" !

I found where it mentions 3 strikes and lockup, but it was in reference to DS controller, Dodge cars and DSC software. As I am all DS, I thought what the hell..... Double G says it's ok....;) I lowered the edit cell in SPEED tab (street only) at both 70/80 mph and I can say after some seat time that 75/77 mph is NOW as comfy as 65 mph! So, flexing my new found muscles I then lowered the speed G-limit threshold from 0.30 to 0.25........ did NOT like this change. It made every speed (including side streets) harsh. So, I changed it back to 0.30 and all is well again.

A much appreciated THANKS to speedracer333 for helping me understand how all this works and to Double G for the "gentle nudge"!

Can you see me smile ? :giggle:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yes we can! :D😁😃 I am thankful you are experimenting (Speedracer also) with the DS available software settings learning how the changes respond and sharing with the group. 👍

Rolly, I too was under the impression that the Diablosport controller using their own software had a 3 strikes and you are locked out situation, so I wanted to ask a direct question to DS support to confirm or deny that rumor. I do believe that may have been the case back when the software was released in beta version and the Hellcat Challenger early adopters were first experimenting with these suspension controllers. 🤷‍♂️ Glad it is working great for you.

·
Registered
236 Posts
DS seems to market heavily towards the Hellcat group and how the controller can help improve launches and 60' times with a 2wd car. While DSC promotes more towards road racing and overall handeling improvements (having the G-force tab). This can be see also by looking at the software tabs from each company, DSC labels their tab "Accel" where DS labels it "Launch" for the same settings. 😉 I have no intention on taking my modified Hawk to the drag strip and more interested in overall street driving and handeling performance thus my draw towards DSC.

I plan on eventually buying a controller for my Hawk, so the more you learn about the Diablosport performance and share with us here may sway me that way vs trying the DSC controller idea. Keep up with the research input! 👌

·
Registered
27 Posts
more interested in overall street driving and handeling performance thus my draw towards DSC.

EXACTLY - when this first came out for the hellcats, I was highly enthused over DSC version for the reasons above, plus the fact that their website gives you in detail everything you need to know and they have a broad knowledge base. Even with DS version, handling has definitely improved, but keep in mind the heart of the gold box is DCS.

To your idea of the hellcat DSC version in the TH, when I purchased mine from DS, the salesperson did say that if I had a Hellcat, I could switch from TH to HC, strictly plug and play. So I'm thinking if that will work for DS controllers, it "should" work for DSC controllers.

I was out yesterday evening and heading towards a roundy round when a tricked out WRX came flying up behind me, and due to his aggressiveness instead of slowing down I stayed at speed (42 mph) and went into the curve. No tire squeal, no lean, just ok fine................. there is NO way in hell I would have been that stupid with the factory controller. Which ever box you decide upon, you are gonna be a happy fellow!

At the moment my concerns have been addressed (even though minor), so unsure if I will do much more playing with settings. One thing I think is cool, whenever I'm feeling spunky, there is NO need to turn the knob to sport or track, just put it in manual and hit the gas! Thanks again Double G

·
Registered
236 Posts
Glad to hear your great driving report on the DS controller, if it gives you a higher level of comfort and cornering confidence then it is definitely doing its job. 👌👍

The first thing I do before getting rowdy or hitting a corner at speed is click that dial into something sporty. Its great to hear the OEM suspension can be simply switched to a dynamic suspension with only a controller swap. Even better to hear it actually works eliminating the need to change the dial settings as it reacts to steering and G-force load changes instantly. 😀 Perfect 👌

·
Registered
236 Posts
Excited to hear the DS salesperson did say that you could switch the controller from a TH to HC, strictly plug and play.

That again helps prove what I had found out that the software for HellCat car and SUV is the same and a HellCat DSC controller should work in a TrackHawk. Great news 😀👍😁

·
Registered
27 Posts
Got a reply back from DCS regarding controller for the TH
"Thanks for your email. I suggest first to look for the part number of the the stock controller, who knows, maybe it might be same part number as Hellcat.

Tom Chan"
is that a subtle hint?

Now for the "Houston, we have a problem". Drove the TH this morning and it seem rough riding. Got home and hooked up laptop to see what's up....... I'm locked out! I cannot view any settings. I don't think this has anything to do with the "3 strikes and you'r out", instead I think I did something wrong yesterday. Tried calling DS, but got tired of music on hold. Will try again tomorrow. I believe I'm going to have to send it back to be unlocked. :eek:

EDIT
I looked at the last saved change I did and all looks well there, so can't figure out why it won't connect. Settings at 70/80 mph are right where I wanted them. You would think (ok - I would think) that even if it's going to lock up, it would do so at the last settings. It feels like the speed - G limit threshold is still at 0.25...... harsh. 🤷‍♂️ yet last save shows 0.30. So close, yet soooo far.

61 - 80 of 82 Posts