Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
81 - 82 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
"I suggest first to look for the part number of the the stock controller, who knows, maybe it might be same part number as Hellcat?"

Yes, I do think it is a hint as to see if the TH and HC cars use the same OEM suspension controller part number from the factory.

Kind of a backwards hint though as even if the OEM controllers had the same software for TH and HC doesn't automatically mean the aftermarket DS and DSC controllers have the same software tuning. But we know that answer already. 😏

·
Premium Member
2019, Jeep, Trackhawk, Granite Crystal
333 Posts
I have been thinking about this, I am no engineer but I like to take a logic a approach to problems. I really like the way DCS sets up their controller compared to DS. I understand though the hellcats have 4 level sensors? And I think the TH has 3, I will be looking later this evening at my TH to confirm.

Why would there be different profile files if they all depend on the sensors of the vehicle? Also why have different profiles if they are tunable to each owns preference? Why does the mass of the vehicle matter if the controller is reading the G’s, inclination, speed and whatever else it is reading? I mean creating a general graph where the suspension must be according to the sensor readings, kind of like engine map tuning.

The most limiting factor will be our tires for all cases of acceleration, lateral G’s and braking. The most that can happen is the controller can out perform the level of grip or create a super harsh ride to keep the TH level. But, again we can program the level of intervention.

81 - 82 of 82 Posts