Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ha now that i got you to look in here Ill explain.
I have livernois S1025 Cali edition with flex tune. Ill start with the Truck runs fine with E85 but super rich with 91. I mixed the both as I haye going to gas station every other day. E 85 burns way to fast for me the power was awesome but hate the gas station. ( I get free gas also )
anyways Livernois is such a pain in the ass to do any adjustment to tune I figured F it I am better off getting rid of it and starting over with a new tuner. I am going to run just 91OCT for now but later if I ever goto track I will add the E 85 tune. I just never went planned on it a few times just never went. on the street I smoke everyone anyways so for my lazyness 91 it is.
I am also live in CA its always hot so I am adding the stage 2 FI Interchiller. mostly because I was freezing cold AC for myself but I figure it will let me tune it a bit hotter with all the cold air it will get.
No idea why I am posting this I have no questions I guess I am board at work lol.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I know you have been wanting another tuner, but have you considered the Livernois My Calibrator touch controller option?

I had my Livernois ECM updated recently with a newer OS that works with their handheld device so I can not only data log now but also can upload any new tune files myself that they send me via email.

·
Super Moderator
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes that was my first idea get their tuner. problem is they want more money and I still have to send them my computer. after all that I will again still need to find a dyno and have andy update what ever.
so I am thinking why not use the tuner that my shop uses so when ever I need it its all one stop.
this isnt a knock on Andys skills this is a more of I dont like how I have to send them my computer again. the actual money part bothers me also. not the cost, the idea of this should of been included.

I think I am just wanting to use my shops tuner for ease of use. He does have the fastest TH with stock blower but none of that **** means anything to me. I am lazy I want **** done easy well I am not lazy thats wrong word. maybe better way to say it is my time is more valuable then to be running around doing all this **** lol

·
Registered
119 Posts
I get wanting to use a local tuner so that's all good. (JoHo correct?) Just wanted to be sure you knew all your options is all. I also understand time being valuable so I support that idea also. I have not driven my Hawk since November as it is a sunny weather toy only and gets parked for the winter months. So sending the ECM in for updates and CNC porting of my supercharger snout while I have the engine appart this winter was not an issues for me. However if it was a daily driver that would be a different story for sure.

I am about 3 hrs from Livernois Motorsports so not exactly local, but there is comfort in knowing that if one day I need to take my Hawk there in person I can instead of having ship across the country to another tuner. Plus Andy has been fantastic to work with so I am happy with their product and service. Now I just have the ability to upload tunes myself so it was worth the price to update my ECM and its OS to do so.

·
Super Moderator
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why didn't you originally use a tuner that's nearby? not being a smartass im legit curious
When I bought TH and added parts I couldnt find any mopar guys. I have one of the best LS guys and he said he will do his best but he even said they are not the same I should goto someone that knows mopars. at the time I didnt know Joho so went with what everyone else was doing.

·
Super Moderator
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I get wanting to use a local tuner so that's all good. (JoHo correct?) Just wanted to be sure you knew all your options is all. I also understand time being valuable so I support that idea also. I have not driven my Hawk since November as it is a sunny weather toy only and gets parked for the winter months. So sending the ECM in for updates and CNC porting of my supercharger snout while I have the engine appart this winter was not an issues for me. However if it was a daily driver that would be a different story for sure.

I am about 3 hrs from Livernois Motorsports so not exactly local, but there is comfort in knowing that if one day I need to take my Hawk there in person I can instead of having ship across the country to another tuner. Plus Andy has been fantastic to work with so I am happy with their product and service. Now I just have the ability to upload tunes myself so it was worth the price to update my ECM and its OS to do so.
Oh no brainer if I was 3 hours away I would drive there and let Andy do his thing. I have no doubt he is just as good as anyone else.
This one is my DD. I couldnt stand looking at it in garage everyday and making that fat payment. I gave up company truck and they give me monthly allowance and of coarse gas.
its only been a few months and so far I prefer it this way I get to drive my TH and they pay half of it and all gas. I have a few other garage queens that are actually both in shop now.
JoHo has my TH and just buying a new ECM to tune 91 oct hes also adding stage 2 Interchiller. Im excited about that with summer on its way freezing cold IATs and freezing cold cabin is heaven to me lmao.
JoHo wants to put on a changeable pulley and give me different tunes lol but hes all about going fast as he can. Ill miss the extra 80 HP from the E85 but I will not miss the gas station visits and making sure I am near E85 when getting low on gas

·
Super Moderator
2,114 Posts
I ditched Livernois after their sh*t customer service and have been much happier with a local guy. I guess maybe they respond better when they know you can just show up at their door when your unhappy

·
Registered
325 Posts
It didn't help when they launched their tuning ability remotely with the use of one mysterious laptop needed to reflash the transmission. Plenty of that documented on this forum too.

Reactions: ROCKETW19

·
Registered
119 Posts
Rocket, as always it sounds like a great plan you have for how you use your Hawk and that's all that matters in the end. ☺👍

Smart or not I was lucky enough to not finance anything on my Hawk, so having it sit for winter is not as much a bother as it would be if I was paying on it. (Perfect time for projects) They are great daily vehicles but we have some seriously nasty winter road salt here I just can't stomach driving my Hawk in. 🙈

I'm jealous that you have the nice weather to drive it daily as it was 26F yesterday morning with snow flurries around here, but will be 70F this weekend to yay to that. 😊

JoHo knows his stuff for sure so you are in good hands with him no doubt and will make you happy.

You will love having an interchiller system and seeing those low IC temps while keeping your HP strong in the heat of summer. Definitely a smart move to install one.👍

·
Registered
119 Posts
I know there is some past wounds here so not trying to promote Livernois as I have never stepped foot into their building. Just trying to help share community information and thought I would share something cool I learned last night....

So currently reinstalling my supercharger and needed to purge air from the intercooler system. Just happened to connect the My Calibrator touch controller for the first time and found some handy service function utilities built in. Specifically the ability to command the intercooler pump to run with the engine off was a huge help purging air from the supercharger cooling system without reaching over a hot running engine. Seemed running the pump in cycles and letting the trapped air get up to and out the bleeder screw worked the best for me.

Was great to hear any air cavitation pass through the I/C pump (since the noisy engine is not running) then see the coolant tank level drop as it replaced the trapped air inside the supercharger.

Also think it is wise to run the coolant tank fluid level a little higher when running a set of insulating blower spacers that raise up the supercharger. I was surprised how much the coolant level drops when the IC pump is on full speed. Was able to see this using the My Calibrator touch.

Coolant level with IC pump off...

Coolant level drops with IC pump on....

·
Registered
148 Posts
Random Interchiller question. Any of you guys ever do back to back dyno runs to see what improvement there is from the low IC fluid temps? Also, FI & Active are the 2 different companies to pick from?

·
Super Moderator
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Random Interchiller question. Any of you guys ever do back to back dyno runs to see what improvement there is from the low IC fluid temps? Also, FI & Active are the 2 different companies to pick from?
I have never run back to back on dyno personally but someone did on facebook group and it was consistent numbers I think 3 pulls. if a stock TH did that it would loose 100HP (totally guessing lol)
that would be a great test though. have you searched FI website? I can bet he has done a test like this
I do not know active but I can tell you without a doubt you will be 100% happy with FI the parts and the customer service are top notch. he personally replies to questions you ask and he replies fast

·
Registered
119 Posts
Double G your SC is polished? thats sick what else you hiding in there? lets see some pictures.
Yes, it's been a big winter project for me. So while adding some more hp upgrades I figured I would put my own personal touch on it and make a unique looking HellCat engine while I have everything appart.

No sir, this is not any of Ninjas old parts, these are all new with polishing and custom metal shaping details that I have never seen done before.

Besides installing the mechanical stuff lots of hours spent working on the lid, snout, throttle body, bypass throttle body, bypass adapter, water pump areas, and idler pulley bracket. Stripped, sanded and polished the Livernois CAI tube, hand polished all titanium supercharger and hood bolts and even polished the billet Metco pulleys.

Still waiting on parts, doing the final polishing and putting everything back together again but here is some sneak preview pics....

·
Super Moderator
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes, it's been a big winter project for me. So while adding some more hp upgrades I figured I would put my own personal touch on it and make a unique looking HellCat engine while I have everything appart.

No sir, this is not any of Ninjas old parts, these are all new with polishing and custom metal shaping details that I have never seen done before.

Besides installing the mechanical stuff lots of hours spent working on the lid, snout, throttle body, bypass throttle body, bypass adapter, water pump areas, and idler pulley bracket. Stripped, sanded and polished the Livernois CAI tube, hand polished all titanium supercharger and hood bolts and even polished the billet Metco pulleys.

Still waiting on parts, doing the final polishing and putting everything back together again but here is some sneak preview pics....

View attachment 9069

View attachment 9070

View attachment 9071

View attachment 9072

View attachment 9073

View attachment 9074

View attachment 9075

View attachment 9076

View attachment 9077

View attachment 9078
thats so bad ass

1 - 18 of 18 Posts