Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m a glutton for punishment (and mods) and I have to say the Livernois packages seem downright reasonable.

Full disclosure, i put a 6.4l hemi in my wrangler, and didn’t end up divorced, so lets just say there is an appetite for such things.

Anyways, can anyone talk me out of calling livernois and putting my new TH on a trailer to MI? Other than warranty (local dealer is a buddy, so anything reasonable i’m Not worried about)

Drivability?
Reliability?
Smoothness?
Etc?

·
Registered
412 Posts
I would have done some mods already, but there are a number of reports of guys nuking their transfer cases on _stock_ tires with _stock_ power. I'm sure that is certainly not a huge %, but even though FCA claims to have beefed up the internals of that important part of the driveline, it seems that it has some issues. Livernois has an impeccable reputation with doing mods and maintaining stock-like drivability, so I wouldn't worry about that at all.

·
Super Moderator
2,289 Posts
I don’t understand why there’s such a price difference between packages with such small differences in hardware. I guess that’s where the money is made. Other than the tuning and the pinning of the crank, I don’t see why I couldn’t install this kit myself. Maybe I just like doing the work myself too much to pay someone to do it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Crank pulley is not too bad, injectors easy, plugs suck on driver side, blower pulley is not easy that took us about 3 hours

·
Registered
80 Posts
I think that I am about to go on my 2nd transfer case with 6k on my TH w/o mods. I find out on Friday. Definetely something going on with mine again. I guess if money is not a concern for you on what should be warranty repairs then go ahead.

·
Registered
71 Posts
It comes down to money and the time. You will definitely spend more time on your modded TH, and not just worrying about it grenading.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It comes down to money and the time. You will definitely spend more time on your modded TH, and not just worrying about it grenading.
What do you mean by "spend more time with modded TH"? Do you mean that I'll enjoy it more or tinker with it more?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
One other question, what happens to the dyno page and the other SRT performance pages after Livernois packages? Do the graphs register higher on any pages?

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
I’m a glutton for punishment (and mods) and I have to say the Livernois packages seem downright reasonable.

Full disclosure, i put a 6.4l hemi in my wrangler, and didn’t end up divorced, so lets just say there is an appetite for such things.

Anyways, can anyone talk me out of calling livernois and putting my new TH on a trailer to MI? Other than warranty (local dealer is a buddy, so anything reasonable i’m Not worried about)

Drivability?
Reliability?
Smoothness?

Etc?
I might be the wrong person to respond to this. But why not.

#1 smile per gallon= UNLIMITED
Drivability won't be like stock you have another 250 hp on tap but cruising around you know 0 difference.

Reliability Still trying to break one. Yes we have had some remote kit's that we are still working with customer's but we will get them corrected customer service I am here for you and all your performance TrackHawk needs.

Smoothness No problems.

If you want us to do the install you have priority bring it in asap.

Anyway call me
Cell 313-213-0273
Office 313-561-5500 ext 122
E-mail [email protected]

I wil try and talk you out of it but I know it won't happen.

Sincerely
Scott

·
Super Moderator
2,289 Posts
My opinion, u have forever to not make a decision but once you do, you are committed to that decision.
It’s your jeep, do want you want to it, you are the one that has to deal with the repercussions if things go badly. That being said, I’d say drive it for a year before you modify. Should hopefully shake out any issues that might arise before you modify.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Three things to think about...

1. Can you afford to fix it if it blows up. Worst case you may be buying a new motor, blower and/or driveline components. Just think of them as consumables and include them in the build budget
2. Do you have something else (or can get something else) to drive and be happy driving if it blows up and you're down for a few weeks/months waiting on parts
3. Can you still get insurance coverage once modified

First modified car I did I didn't have #2 and that sucked when it was in the shop broken and I was beating around town in a borrowed Toyota Echo. That lesson resulted in me buying my first GC SRT as a backup. The last modified car I did got put back to stock because of #3 (companies are a lot more inquisitive anything that increases power, and its a world of hurt if you don't disclose accurately). And trying to go back to stock lead to a lesson in how important it is to keep track of every part and when doing things like replacing injectors that wiring is done so that it can be put back to stock,

But boy it was fun while it lasted :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have the S900 package. I wanted a nice boost in HP and keep it close to the transfer case tolerances. Wrote to two other shops and never heard back. Then a mate put me in contact with Scott @ Livernois.
They delivered exactly what I was after plus a tranny tune.

Once I got it here (UK) I had another mate drive it. He builds and races off-road vehicles. He was very impressed with the drive ability and smoothness.

Since mine I would imagine LMS has done two dozen TH’s so if there were issues this forum would be lit up by now.

Still waiting for my UK license plates so I can drive it, but on the way home from the government inspection place I vaporised two unsuspecting tailgaters. Worth every penny!

·
Registered
412 Posts
I don't think anyone questions the customer service and workmanship of Livernois. Scott has answered all my questions, and I haven't even bought anything from him... yet.

Personally, I have concerns about my driveline handling more power based on a number of these having issues, and going in for warranty work... with no mods.

If I don't end up modding this vehicle, it will be the first I've owned in 25 years that I haven't modded... I'm a hot-rodder and love to tweak stuff. But I have no interest in scattering parts...but that has nothing to do with Livernois. That's a lack of confidence on my part that FCA overbuilt the driveline with some buffer as far as power goes.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think that I am about to go on my 2nd transfer case with 6k on my TH w/o mods. I find out on Friday. Definetely something going on with mine again. I guess if money is not a concern for you on what should be warranty repairs then go ahead.
oh man that sucks. Part of my thinking is to drive my TH for 5,000 or so miles, which should be enough to ferret out any "lemon" issues like a bad t-case or something, before doing any mods. My experience has been that stuff either breaks pretty soon or lasts forever with these modern tight tolerance manufacturing.

Good luck, and hope your dealer gets you back on the road ASAP!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I might be the wrong person to respond to this. But why not.

#1 smile per gallon= UNLIMITED
Drivability won't be like stock you have another 250 hp on tap but cruising around you know 0 difference.

Reliability Still trying to break one. Yes we have had some remote kit's that we are still working with customer's but we will get them corrected customer service I am here for you and all your performance TrackHawk needs.

Smoothness No problems.

If you want us to do the install you have priority bring it in asap.

Anyway call me
Cell 313-213-0273
Office 313-561-5500 ext 122
E-mail [email protected]

I wil try and talk you out of it but I know it won't happen.

Sincerely
Scott
Scott - Appreciate your hawk-like diligence here on the forum. :wink2: Knew you'd show up sooner or later

Prob gonna shoot you an emails with my obsessive list of questions over the weekend

·
Registered
695 Posts
oh man that sucks. Part of my thinking is to drive my TH for 5,000 or so miles, which should be enough to ferret out any "lemon" issues like a bad t-case or something, before doing any mods. My experience has been that stuff either breaks pretty soon or lasts forever with these modern tight tolerance manufacturing.

Good luck, and hope your dealer gets you back on the road ASAP!
Hopefully the added hp doesn't ferret out any issues with it afterwards.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts