Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ours is one of the first built, but it was held in Hamtramck for over a month before being released to the dealer. So, it sat on his showroom floor until I retrieved it. Now has about 115 miles on it.

We’re longtime “performance” Grand Cherokee owners, had an early 5.2L, then the ‘98 5.9L, an ‘07 SRT8 WK1, one of the first WK2 SRT8s, a ‘12, and then put 60,000 on a ‘14 SRT over 4 1/2 years, before stepping up for this bad boy. I’ve been on the Grand Cherokee SRT8 forum for a long time, first post on this one.

So far, we love it. We elected to put an M-B GLE350 into the long haul service our ‘14 handled, so the Trackhawk will be a low mileage garage queen. At $500/corner for each of brakes and tires, plus the 18-19 mpg that we saw in turnpike driving, it just seems more sensible to use something mundane as a grocery-getter, dog transporter, and seasonal residence changer.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Congrats on the new TH and welcome to the forum! The TH is certainly far from being a practical vehicle with its less than stellar fuel economy, but for spirited weekend driving its performance will be hard to match. Do you plan on doing any aftermarket mods to it, seeing as how you're quite familiar with the platform already.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats on the new TH and welcome to the forum! The TH is certainly far from being a practical vehicle with its less than stellar fuel economy, but for spirited weekend driving its performance will be hard to match. Do you plan on doing any aftermarket mods to it, seeing as how you're quite familiar with the platform already.
Under consideration. I won’t mess much with the engine internals, but may do a CAI kit, headers, and cat-back exhaust. Right now, my priority is to get it back to the dealer for the fuel line campaign - it’s squarely in the danger zone, and the blog postings by victims are bone chilling.

Hope to run up to the Dream Cruise with it, which will take me right past the Hamtramck assembly plant where it was born.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Congrats on getting a Trackhawk.
Lots of great mods coming out for these as of late, I hope your wallet (and wife if you have one) is ready :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts