Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3 or 4 months back I posted a thread trying to solicit local TH owners to participate in the Texas Mile event, which occurred last weekend. Obviously the TH is NOT a mile vehicle, but burning fuel is always fun!
I was only able to get 2 passes in the TH as I was primarily focused on running my recently (last week) completed 68 Vette build.
My current mods are Livernois 1025 package plus Livernois cold air intake. I ran VP C85 fuel and factory tires.
Best mile speed was 184.4 mph with a 130.1 mph 1/4 mile speed. There was only one other TH competing. He had injectors, pulleys and was tuned for E85 also. He ran about 8 passes and his best was a 182 in the mile.
Basically useless info, but a good benchmark for gearheads! FYI- the Texas Mile will run again in March and I plan to again participate. If any fellow TH owners care to participate, please let me know.

Attachments

Reactions: DarthCharger

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At the airport in Victoria, Texas. Great event!

·
Registered
15 Posts
It was nice meeting you, TXCH. Beautiful TH and the 68 was fun to see.

I've been enjoying the Texas Mile since 2010. Have not missed one.

This is the first time I ran something other than a Challenger so it was interesting and fun.

My 2019 TH has an upper pulley swap, 1300 injectors, a 180 thermostat and tuning for E85. No other mods. Installed in the driveway.

Ran a best of 182.6mph. The shift points were far too low when I first started running it. Adjusted them higher and leaned out the air fuel ratio. That's about it.

HS

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Enjoyed the weekend and meeting another TH owner also. The two entry thing did not allow me to dedicate the time I needed to the TH. You were making good progress throughout the weekend. Being my first mile event, I have many lessons learned to apply in the Spring.

·
Super Moderator
2,296 Posts
161 was fast af but then again, it wasn’t a perfectly flat/straight road. Would probably be less scary like that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
bad ass 182 and 184 MPH lol I would be scared. what were the fastest cars running? anything near 200mph?
The fastest is a Ford GT...it's a unicorn. 300mph is the record. There are some 250-260mph cars...and bikes. That's the scary one for me...the bikes.

HS

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Agreed. Maybe a false sense of security, but I like 4 wheels and metal around me!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I have the same package and will probably run it in the 1/2 mile event near me. Did they share 1/2 speeds by any chance as this would be good benchmark info.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, 1/2 mile speed was 159.4 mph.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Im getting mine back from the tuner soon. Will be wanting to see what she will do. What 1/4 mi track in DFW do y'all like to go to?

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I actually live closer to the Galveston Area and typically go to Royal Purple raceway in Baytown.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts