Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for letting me know! Now I just need my vin # and build # from the dealer to track it's build progress.

·
Registered
111 Posts
No black key for the Trackhawk. The Valet Mode is programmed into the Touchscreen so you can lower the horsepower and set your own personal 4 digit pin code.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Yes, and Valet Mode really takes the firepower out of the engine.

I purposely kept it in Valet mode today, to try it out on the freeway, and it feels like about 600 hp are missing. Boost wouldn't go over 2 psi, and the transmission stayed in higher than normal gears when I floored it.

In other words: Perfect for leaving with parking lot jockeys.

·
Super Moderator
224 Posts
Valet Mode is not the same as the black key for Hellcats. Valet Mode takes it down much lower in HP and changes the trans (start in 2nd gear, much lower shifts) and torque management, black key mode would still allow it to start in first gear and have some sporty feel to it, just limits top HP output to ~500.

Eco mode is closer to the black key function than Valet mode is.

Even though ours do not come with the black key, if you get a black key for an SRT and have it programmed in, it will function as the black key does for the Hellcats.

It had crossed my mind to do that as my son will be driving in a few years but truthfully I will probably be on to a new car by that time anyway.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I actually received a red key and a black key. Dealer told me black key was for valet
That’s not right. I bet the dealer lost (misplaced) your other key and didn’t even realize it needed to be replaced with a red key. They just asssumed a black and red key for every hellcat engined car, which is wrong. What kind of hp do you get using the black key?

·
Registered
110 Posts
The black key says “SRT” and red key says “Trackhawk”. My truck is in for service right now , they owe me a window molding replacement, so I will let them know that they possibly screwed mr with a SRT replacement key

·
Registered
695 Posts
The black key says “SRT” and red key says “Trackhawk”. My truck is in for service right now , they owe me a window molding replacement, so I will let them know that they possibly screwed mr with a SRT replacement key
That’s hilarious that they gave you an SRT key and tried passing it off as your valet key. LMAO 😂. Only at a Jeep dealership...Gotta love the totally clueless service department, most of them have no idea what the hell a Trackhawk is. FCA sent ‘em all an internal memo that said “just wing it when someone brings in a Trackhawk”.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Lol, I’m getting this taken care of tomorrow, since I just purchased the truck 2 weeks ago
It’s not just the service department that’s clueless, when I was shopping around I had a hard time finding a dealer that even knew what a Trackhawk was. I had a conversation with a salesman that was like a who’s on first skit, with me saying a Trackhawk and the salesman kept correcting me with you mean a Trailhawk. It was truly comical that I repeatedly had to educate the dealers on what I was trying to buy from them. Like I said...they are clueless.

·
Super Moderator
1,858 Posts
It’s pretty typical for these specialty vehicles. I always know more than the salesperson. They focus on what they’re going to sell the most of and not the entire product line.

·
Registered
695 Posts
It’s pretty typical for these specialty vehicles. I always know more than the salesperson. They focus on what they’re going to sell the most of and not the entire product line.
There’s no reason at all that this should ever happen, especially with a HALO model! It shows the amateur hour that Jeep is compared to other major car brands.

·
Super Moderator
1,858 Posts
Well, this is the most expensive vehicle I’ve ever purchased by double so I’ve never bought German, maybe they have their stuff together a lil better. I was always an Evo guy, 2.0L, 4cyl, 4 door, AWD bucket of fun, especially when modified. I’m blessed enough to get to have both. It’s never a boring drive to work.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts